Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Example of sound quality on Unifi video Camera and NVR

by on ‎05-15-2017 10:43 AM

Taken from the back of an apartment complex.  Across alley is a bar where partrons had a big fight.  Gunfire can be heard and people scatter.  

This is a closed (to outside internet) system and older UVC outdoor camera.  Still very happy with system.

Comments
by Ubiquiti Employee
on ‎05-15-2017 11:50 AM

Wow, I hope everyone was okay.

Which camera model were you using here? Gunshots are probably the single loudest sound that our cameras would ever record. I may have to put some more resources into testing the cameras against very loud noises like that.

by
on ‎05-15-2017 12:18 PM

Thanks, no one was hit by a bullet that the police knew of.

The camera was the previous version before the G3 and G3 Dome.  I thought it is called UVC; outdoor bullet shape.

The gun was about 70 feet away from the camera.  Of course I don't know caliber, etc. which would be a factor.  

by Ubiquiti Employee
on ‎05-15-2017 12:28 PM

Good to hear.

The sound quality on the G3 and G3 Dome should be improved relative to the G2 camera you were using for this clip.

by
on ‎05-15-2017 12:48 PM

@tomsentry No doubt that is a great camera...

Being an European, we don't get why you americans are so fond of your guns.....

by
on ‎05-15-2017 01:38 PM
This isn't Reddit so let's stay on topic.
by
on ‎05-22-2017 11:27 PM

You should listen to an Aircam (Gen 1) with FW 1.1.5.

The sound is pristine, very close to Hi-Fi.

After FW2.0 and all other camera generations up, the sound got very dissapointing.