Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Example of sound quality on Unifi video Camera and NVR

by a week ago

Taken from the back of an apartment complex.  Across alley is a bar where partrons had a big fight.  Gunfire can be heard and people scatter.  

This is a closed (to outside internet) system and older UVC outdoor camera.  Still very happy with system.

Comments
by Ubiquiti Employee
a week ago

Wow, I hope everyone was okay.

Which camera model were you using here? Gunshots are probably the single loudest sound that our cameras would ever record. I may have to put some more resources into testing the cameras against very loud noises like that.

by
a week ago

Thanks, no one was hit by a bullet that the police knew of.

The camera was the previous version before the G3 and G3 Dome.  I thought it is called UVC; outdoor bullet shape.

The gun was about 70 feet away from the camera.  Of course I don't know caliber, etc. which would be a factor.  

by Ubiquiti Employee
a week ago

Good to hear.

The sound quality on the G3 and G3 Dome should be improved relative to the G2 camera you were using for this clip.

by
a week ago

@tomsentry No doubt that is a great camera...

Being an European, we don't get why you americans are so fond of your guns.....

by
a week ago
This isn't Reddit so let's stay on topic.
by
yesterday

You should listen to an Aircam (Gen 1) with FW 1.1.5.

The sound is pristine, very close to Hi-Fi.

After FW2.0 and all other camera generations up, the sound got very dissapointing.