3 weeks ago
G3-FLEX Outdoor Ceiling Mount Installation
Used Products
×1
Description

I figured I'd give this a shot. The FLEX cameras aren't rated to be installed outdoors upside down, but this is in reference to the pole or wall mounting configurations. Now that the ceiling mounts are available I figured I'd pick one up and see how this install works out.

02.jpgBracket installed

03.jpgBracket installation hardware

04.jpgCamera and cover plate

05.jpgDust proofing

06.jpgFinal product

G3-FLEX Outdoor Ceiling Mount Installation

by 3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

I figured I'd give this a shot. The FLEX cameras aren't rated to be installed outdoors upside down, but this is in reference to the pole or wall mounting configurations. Now that the ceiling mounts are available I figured I'd pick one up and see how this install works out.

02.jpgBracket installed

03.jpgBracket installation hardware

04.jpgCamera and cover plate

05.jpgDust proofing

06.jpgFinal product

{"location":{"title":"Calgary, AB, Canada","placeId":"ChIJ1T-EnwNwcVMROrZStrE7bSY"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"unifi-video-g3-flex-camera","count":1}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"","mainImage":"183744i848C9AE3F6207F7F"}

Comments
by
3 weeks ago

Looks sharp and solid. 
Planning to do a similar mount with 2 FLex back2back, taking over from the 2 G3 Egg. (That useless with IR reflections into the plastic cover)
Only thing is that the mounts are not avalible in EU yet!

by
2 weeks ago

Curious how this turns out. I have 2 of these in the mail and would love to mount these in this way if the camera holds up. What is the weather like where you live?

by
2 weeks ago

I live in Alberta Canada, so we get temperature ranges from -30 Celcius in the winter with lots of snow/hail/sleet/rain to +30 and dry hot in the summer.

It's been down to -10 so far, with about 1 foot of snow fall over the last few days since installing. Holding up well so far!

by
2 weeks ago

Is that the ubiquiti mount or a 3d printed version ?

by
2 weeks ago

Gotcha. I'm down in Houston so I'm more concerned about our 100+ Farenheit summer days with 95+% humidity after a random rain shower. Wish there was a way to put a drain on the top for this mounting option without voiding any warranty. 

by
Wednesday

@Psudo hey I ordered mine off German ebay a couple weeks ago. Downside is, that I was able to get only a 10 pack, but I needed only 5... So you can either order there, or hit me up, I have extras.

by
Wednesday

Here is mine with a 3d printed mount posted here.

2018-12-11 07-08-21.jpeg2018-12-11 07-08-28.jpeg

by
Wednesday

@AndreyFluff

Thanks for the offer.

I did manage to get a pair from fellow countryman that sold them in single units. 

Up'n running. 20181208_105116.jpg

by
yesterday

@bennymundzI used the actual UBNT mount. They ship to Canada as well as the USA now directly from the UBNT store.

I won't be ordering directly again though, UPS brokerage fees and shipping were insane. But hey, I wanted it NOW. I'll be waiting for ubnt.ca to get stuff in stock from now on before ordering any more UBNT products.

by
8 hours ago

I am building a new home and want to install cameras under my vinyl soffit as well.  How That much IR reflections do you get off the white soffit?