a month ago
Lamp Post does a disappearing act
Used Products
×1
Description

I have 2 Unifi Video G3 Cameras on my house as i install a lot of them within the education sector. I have always been very impressed with the quality of the cameras but most of all the NVR client app and webconsole has always been the biggest selling point for me.

this is why i decided to get two of them myself to cover both the front and back of my house, NVR installed on a Celeron powered Intel NUC with an SSD for the OS (Ubuntu Server 14.04 console only) and a 2TB drive for the recordings.

From the point of installing them a year and a half ago nothing exciting had happend apart from catching the other halfs dad ocasionally sticking his fingers up as them trying to be funny Icon Razz.

This changed last night when we arrived back home to the neighbor letting us know that a car on the road behind our houses has come down the road at some speed, lost controll of the car and gone smashing through the post box, lamp post and come to a stop 40 meters down the road with various bits of the car scattered along the way (intercooler, radiator, Bumper, crash bar ect). amazingly the guy and the passanger were both completly uninjured and managed to do a runner and take the plates from the car.

i spoke to the police to see if they wanted the footage due to the time stamp and with how you can hear the the car comming at some speed. turns out the car was on cloned plates hense the reason for them trying to remove them but leaving a patial plate on the front bumper as that was in bits up the road.

download.jpegScreenshot 2018-06-18 09.31.04.png

g3.jpeg

intelnuc-640x353.jpg

Lamp Post does a disappearing act

by a month ago

I have 2 Unifi Video G3 Cameras on my house as i install a lot of them within the education sector. I have always been very impressed with the quality of the cameras but most of all the NVR client app and webconsole has always been the biggest selling point for me.

this is why i decided to get two of them myself to cover both the front and back of my house, NVR installed on a Celeron powered Intel NUC with an SSD for the OS (Ubuntu Server 14.04 console only) and a 2TB drive for the recordings.

From the point of installing them a year and a half ago nothing exciting had happend apart from catching the other halfs dad ocasionally sticking his fingers up as them trying to be funny Icon Razz.

This changed last night when we arrived back home to the neighbor letting us know that a car on the road behind our houses has come down the road at some speed, lost controll of the car and gone smashing through the post box, lamp post and come to a stop 40 meters down the road with various bits of the car scattered along the way (intercooler, radiator, Bumper, crash bar ect). amazingly the guy and the passanger were both completly uninjured and managed to do a runner and take the plates from the car.

i spoke to the police to see if they wanted the footage due to the time stamp and with how you can hear the the car comming at some speed. turns out the car was on cloned plates hense the reason for them trying to remove them but leaving a patial plate on the front bumper as that was in bits up the road.

download.jpegScreenshot 2018-06-18 09.31.04.png

g3.jpeg

intelnuc-640x353.jpg

{"location":{"title":"Staffordshire, UK","placeId":"ChIJ_dclMtSAcEgRzqVXT1iTEEs"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"unifi-video-camera-g3","count":1}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"","mainImage":"161747i612D1BAC24A7A167"}