08/29/2018
New UniFi Protect makes finding and analyzing motion easy !
Used Products
×1
Description

The new UnIfi Protect is a real game changer in video surveillance.

It introduces real time fast scrubbing which does two important things.  First it lets you quickly find things that are moving, and second instead of slowly watching 20 minutes of video, you can scrub through those 20 minutes and find the important stuff. 

Lets look at some real scenarios, using an iPhone.

Since I know the interface well, I move pretty fast on the video below.  But let me describe what I'm doing.

1) I fast scrub backwards on one of the cameras looking for things that move.

2) Suddently I spot a black moving blob, which turns out to be a black bear.

3) I scrub forwards and backwards to figure out which direction the bear came from, and which direction it leaves.  I also stop and zoom in with my finger, and can tilt the screen 90 degrees to get a full screen view.

4) I also stop and see what the bear was doing at various times.   The full time the bear is in view is about 20 minutes.

5) Finally, I watch the bear walk out of the camera coverage.

6) I then switch to a different camera and fast scrub to find the bear in that cameras view.  I then zoom in and watch it walk away.

In this next video, the motion indexes show a bobcat on a traill.  We click on the index thumbnail watch it for a second, then fast scrub backwards to see where the bobcat comes from.  And zoom in to watch. 

The new features of UniFi protect, especially the fast scrub allows you to analyze a days of motion entries in a minute instead of hours.  And since protect records 24/7, you never have to worry about not having video because the motion settings didn't detect it.  

The new UniFi Protect is available on the new CloudKey Gen2 Plus, available on the Ubiquiti store and elsewhere.  

bobcat2.PNG

Bobcat.PNG

Bear4.PNG

Bear3.PNG

Bear1.PNG

New UniFi Protect makes finding and analyzing motion easy !

by on ‎08-29-2018 07:03 PM

The new UnIfi Protect is a real game changer in video surveillance.

It introduces real time fast scrubbing which does two important things.  First it lets you quickly find things that are moving, and second instead of slowly watching 20 minutes of video, you can scrub through those 20 minutes and find the important stuff. 

Lets look at some real scenarios, using an iPhone.

Since I know the interface well, I move pretty fast on the video below.  But let me describe what I'm doing.

1) I fast scrub backwards on one of the cameras looking for things that move.

2) Suddently I spot a black moving blob, which turns out to be a black bear.

3) I scrub forwards and backwards to figure out which direction the bear came from, and which direction it leaves.  I also stop and zoom in with my finger, and can tilt the screen 90 degrees to get a full screen view.

4) I also stop and see what the bear was doing at various times.   The full time the bear is in view is about 20 minutes.

5) Finally, I watch the bear walk out of the camera coverage.

6) I then switch to a different camera and fast scrub to find the bear in that cameras view.  I then zoom in and watch it walk away.

In this next video, the motion indexes show a bobcat on a traill.  We click on the index thumbnail watch it for a second, then fast scrub backwards to see where the bobcat comes from.  And zoom in to watch. 

The new features of UniFi protect, especially the fast scrub allows you to analyze a days of motion entries in a minute instead of hours.  And since protect records 24/7, you never have to worry about not having video because the motion settings didn't detect it.  

The new UniFi Protect is available on the new CloudKey Gen2 Plus, available on the Ubiquiti store and elsewhere.  

bobcat2.PNG

Bobcat.PNG

Bear4.PNG

Bear3.PNG

Bear1.PNG

{"location":{"title":"Unnamed Road, Rush Center, KS 67575, USA","placeId":"ChIJ-8ZN04FNoYcRCs4xMkQz4zQ"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"unifi-video-camera-g3","count":1}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"","mainImage":"172600iDA369407E2BBF297"}

ubiquiti certified trainer :: ubwa | uewa
Comments
by
on ‎08-29-2018 07:37 PM

Thanks Claude,

Great feature can't wait to test out

Great addition to the product line

In addition to video, Can the 1TB/5TB drive store controller backups and client historical data?

by
on ‎08-30-2018 09:48 PM

Very cool!

Slightly off topic but, what did you use to power the cameras/poe? Solar? Tell us more about your setup 👍

by
on ‎08-31-2018 04:51 AM

@kflorance   The camera was powered by a NanoSwitch, and a 1/2 mile long AC power.  Also a about a mile of fiber optic cable back to the NVR. 

by
on ‎08-31-2018 04:54 AM

I have the same question about powering the cameras.

by
on ‎09-10-2018 12:51 AM

Excellent.  Cannot wait for it to come out of beta so we can introduce it to customers.

by
on ‎09-20-2018 07:04 AM

Wow ! Very nice ! 

by Ubiquiti Employee
on ‎10-09-2018 02:46 PM

Amazing footage!!! Thanks for sharing!