04/19/2019
UVC-G3 Sentry Keeping Watch Over My Home
Used Products
×1
Description

I always thought this would be a difficult conversation to try to convince the wife to let me install these but turns out, she was onboard. Got a 5-pack of the UVC-G3 cameras keeping watch over the front door, driveway, and backyard. Running Unifi Video as a VM on Hyper-V. I've even provided temporary access to a friend so he could check them out as he is looking to do a similar setup at his house.

Sometimes, neighbors aren't happy about you putting up cameras so I was able to show them how the combined use of the privacy masking and selective motion trigger recording meant that, while the camera views part of their property, it won't record their activities. That really helped set them at ease.

uvcg3_4.png

uvcg3_1.jpgFront door

uvcg3_2.jpgDriveway

uvcg3_3.jpgBackyard

0 Kudos

UVC-G3 Sentry Keeping Watch Over My Home

by on ‎04-19-2019 01:26 PM

I always thought this would be a difficult conversation to try to convince the wife to let me install these but turns out, she was onboard. Got a 5-pack of the UVC-G3 cameras keeping watch over the front door, driveway, and backyard. Running Unifi Video as a VM on Hyper-V. I've even provided temporary access to a friend so he could check them out as he is looking to do a similar setup at his house.

Sometimes, neighbors aren't happy about you putting up cameras so I was able to show them how the combined use of the privacy masking and selective motion trigger recording meant that, while the camera views part of their property, it won't record their activities. That really helped set them at ease.

uvcg3_4.png

uvcg3_1.jpgFront door

uvcg3_2.jpgDriveway

uvcg3_3.jpgBackyard

{"location":{"title":"Ontario, Canada","placeId":"ChIJrxNRX7IFzkwRCR5iKVZC-HA"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"unifi-video-camera-g3","count":1}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"","mainImage":"202721iDC884743989019E1"}

Comments
by
on ‎04-19-2019 02:24 PM

I zoomed in on that google map location and there is nothing for miles around it.