a month ago
UVC-G3's record armed robbery one week after install, then UVC goes corrupt a week later
Used Products
×1
Description

Update on this post: My Unifi Video install suddently went corrupt and my attempts at repairing the database has completely trashed my recordings.  All of my locked recordings (including the robbery mentioned here) are gone and I can't play most recordings.  The system went corrupt right before a 2nd theft occured, so that was completely missed by the cameras.  Can't seem to get any help from Ubiquiti...

I installed a couple UVC-G3 cameras on the front of one of my properties, and within one week an armed robbery occured at that exact spot (armed robberies are not common in my area). I was able to get the video to the police within 90 minutes and it seems they did find one of the suspects a few hours later.  Unfortunately, the suspects are a bit too far away and it was too dark to really get faces.

Several other G3 cameras on other areas of the property also captured the approch and escape path of the robbers as well and the getaway car.  

211 Front Door - Nov 16 '18 12_38_35 AM.jpg

211 NW Fence Front Door - Nov 16 '18 12_38_16 AM.jpg

211 NW Fence Front Door - Nov 16 '18 12_37_17 AM.jpg

211 Front Door - Nov 16 '18 12_37_16 AM.jpg

UVC-G3's record armed robbery one week after install, then UVC goes corrupt a week later

by a month ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

Update on this post: My Unifi Video install suddently went corrupt and my attempts at repairing the database has completely trashed my recordings.  All of my locked recordings (including the robbery mentioned here) are gone and I can't play most recordings.  The system went corrupt right before a 2nd theft occured, so that was completely missed by the cameras.  Can't seem to get any help from Ubiquiti...

I installed a couple UVC-G3 cameras on the front of one of my properties, and within one week an armed robbery occured at that exact spot (armed robberies are not common in my area). I was able to get the video to the police within 90 minutes and it seems they did find one of the suspects a few hours later.  Unfortunately, the suspects are a bit too far away and it was too dark to really get faces.

Several other G3 cameras on other areas of the property also captured the approch and escape path of the robbers as well and the getaway car.  

211 Front Door - Nov 16 '18 12_38_35 AM.jpg

211 NW Fence Front Door - Nov 16 '18 12_38_16 AM.jpg

211 NW Fence Front Door - Nov 16 '18 12_37_17 AM.jpg

211 Front Door - Nov 16 '18 12_37_16 AM.jpg

{"location":{"title":"Urbana, IL, USA","placeId":"ChIJj0KEhJbXDIgRQWUMOa3LjfQ"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"unifi-video-camera-g3","count":1}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"","mainImage":"182970iDACBB48F567DD8B3"}

Comments
by
4 weeks ago

I love these cameras they have captured a lot of dodgy people walking in under our car space trying to get into our cars and our neighbours.

Prior to that my old camera I had setup recorded two men walking around and the cops caught them and the ladies home they entered said they were the men who went into her home.

Needless to say these cameras have been a valuable asset in catching these people! I have 2 Dome camera's.

I have clients as well I am setting up securitry camera systesms for that being a Church (which I attend) and also a client who has an ATM that some coward is using bluetack to try and steal money etc.

2 Domes at my home, 1 dome at the church with more to install at a later stage and the Bullets at clients business including the Pro

by
3 weeks ago

@pcmd ^   you mentioned you have two domes. I bought one and I was not impressed, especially since it is an indoor more than outdoors camera. Where I live we have wind driven rain so it is bound to get wet. 

anyway, I am guessing you ling them ?

regarding the OP.  - OH WOW!!

by
3 weeks ago

@FoxCR I have G3’s I just call them domes for simplicity.

I use mine under the lip of the car park to shield them from rain etc. like most cameras they are indoor cameras or require to be put under some kind of awning or other forms to protect them.

I have installed them for my own security but also install the G3 bullets for clients etc as they are more suited.

if going outside I’d be inclined to use the Bullet Pro as it’s morr adapted to outside usage. 

by
3 weeks ago

Wow. There are lights on everywhere, even in the porch of the house. Plenty of illumination and they do the robbery right out in the open like that. 

Time to spend an evening on that porch with a double barrel shotgun.