12/10/2018
Unifi Busts A Drug Drop
Used Products
×2
Description

Hey all,

This is my first post to the video Stories.  I have an elderly Grandma who is 87 years old and lives alone.  Saturday while At work She calls to inform me that the lady across the street saw a man who really needed a belt walking up the driveway aind into the backyard.  She looked out the back window and saw 1 set of footprints going to the fence.  She asked me to check the cameras to see if I saw anything.  So I go back around the time she gave me and sure enough, I see some BIG Guy, wearing pants that are about to fall down hiding from the cops, changing his disguse and dropping a backpack near her driveway.  In turn I called the police and told them there was a possible drug drop there.  That Resulted in them showing up pretty fast.  in the video you can see he's running from something, then he's hiding on the side of the fence and then proceeds to go into the backyard.  He doesn't even seem to notice there is 2 cameras on the property and watching him at the same time.  Get a clean shot of his figure and his face.  Thank you Ubiquiti!!!

Shoutout to The Unifi Video Team @UBNT-Cody@UBNT-TomS, and a few other individuals who know me and my family.  @UBNT-MatthewR @UBNT-DavidS @UBNT-MikeD @alan87i @TyShawn @MAKuser

GRAM_GARAGE_CAMERA - Dec 08 '18 04_36_08 PM (2).jpgPut on a Dang belt

GRAM_GARAGE_CAMERA - Dec 08 '18 04_35_57 PM.jpgPolice drive right by

GRAM_GARAGE_CAMERA - Dec 08 '18 04_36_05 PM.jpgCome out of hiding Waldo

GRAM_GARAGE_CAMERA - Dec 08 '18 04_36_08 PM (1).jpgSimeball

Unifi Busts A Drug Drop

by ‎12-10-2018 04:33 PM - edited ‎12-10-2018 04:35 PM

Hey all,

This is my first post to the video Stories.  I have an elderly Grandma who is 87 years old and lives alone.  Saturday while At work She calls to inform me that the lady across the street saw a man who really needed a belt walking up the driveway aind into the backyard.  She looked out the back window and saw 1 set of footprints going to the fence.  She asked me to check the cameras to see if I saw anything.  So I go back around the time she gave me and sure enough, I see some BIG Guy, wearing pants that are about to fall down hiding from the cops, changing his disguse and dropping a backpack near her driveway.  In turn I called the police and told them there was a possible drug drop there.  That Resulted in them showing up pretty fast.  in the video you can see he's running from something, then he's hiding on the side of the fence and then proceeds to go into the backyard.  He doesn't even seem to notice there is 2 cameras on the property and watching him at the same time.  Get a clean shot of his figure and his face.  Thank you Ubiquiti!!!

Shoutout to The Unifi Video Team @UBNT-Cody@UBNT-TomS, and a few other individuals who know me and my family.  @UBNT-MatthewR @UBNT-DavidS @UBNT-MikeD @alan87i @TyShawn @MAKuser

GRAM_GARAGE_CAMERA - Dec 08 '18 04_36_08 PM (2).jpgPut on a Dang belt

GRAM_GARAGE_CAMERA - Dec 08 '18 04_35_57 PM.jpgPolice drive right by

GRAM_GARAGE_CAMERA - Dec 08 '18 04_36_05 PM.jpgCome out of hiding Waldo

GRAM_GARAGE_CAMERA - Dec 08 '18 04_36_08 PM (1).jpgSimeball

{"location":{"title":"Salt Lake City, UT, USA","placeId":"ChIJ7THRiJQ9UocRyjFNSKC3U1s"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"unifi-video-camera-g3","count":2}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"","mainImage":"185446iA454963B46A5EF01"}

I can not teach you anything. I can only make you think. Please don't forget to mark posts as solutions, and to give kudos when something solves your issue.
Comments
by
on ‎12-10-2018 04:36 PM
by
on ‎12-13-2018 08:35 AM

Nice! Idk if you are legally allowed to post the video or not, but would be interesting to see. Also I love the titles of your pictures. 

by
on ‎12-13-2018 05:28 PM

@AASCAdmin the videos are on here.

by
on ‎12-13-2018 05:29 PM

t least i thought they were

by
a month ago

hello I want to ask you as a company I have a device for your equipment is an AirFiber24 Ghz and connected with the signal -61 in the device writes that the traffic can go up to 520MB but in rality it goes up to 250mb and I'm somewhat doubtful about how the signal -61 can be with a distance of 9.6km and with a clear view but again I am very disappointed with the capacity of this product .. because this product guarantees up to 13km of 1.2Gz internet traffic distance. . I am from Kosovo concrete Kosovo these devices have cost me a lot of money I believe that the configuration and the like I did well I am very disappointed what to do according to you? 

what do you suggest as an expert in this matter

by
4 weeks ago

@panthergm videos or it didn't happen Man Happy

by
4 weeks ago

I’ll post it tomorrow 

by
3 weeks ago

thenks 

by
3 weeks ago

In general, the Police cannot accept digital uploads as evidence.   They need physical assets for evidence purposes.  That way, it can be tagged and cataloged.

As I have had a couple of incidents that have produced evidence the police needed, I ended up buying a bulk pack of 2GB SD cards (either ebay or amazon);  was, like 10 for $19 at the time.   USB drives may be even cheaper.

The police will generally be able to dig up a bit of removable media for these purposes, but it may take hours.   For a couple of bucks you can save everyone a bunch of time and the police will really appreciate it (in my experience).

Of all the times I've submitted evidence, the one common comment?  "Wow!  This is great quality video for a surveillance system!"

by
a week ago

Great story - did anyone buy the dude a belt Icon Lol

I guess he would have had to give it up when put in to the cell....