Unifi G3 camera Captures Lady Running into Front Lobby of an Animal Hospital

by Saturday - last edited Saturday

Installed a 4 camera system at a local animal hospital about 2 months ago because their old system bit the dust. This was my first installation of a unifi system and it overall went flawlessly.

last week one of their customers ran a car into their front lobby! 

thought i would share the footage with the ubnt group.

https://youtu.be/12MvOeXRwfs

everyone in the video (including animals) came out of the accident with only minor injuries.

Capture 4.PNG

Capture.PNG
Comments
by
Saturday

How the hell did that even happen? What was the drivers excuse?

by
Saturday - last edited Saturday

@mroverst the driver was elderly, I believe she mistook the gas for the brake and vise versa.

by

W. T. F!?!? Yikes

by
Saturday
by

Yow.  If I were ever setting up a buisness again I think I'd make sure that any exterior walls where cars could be present have some nice steele posts filled with concrete in the wall or between windows - this stuff is out of control.  Around me they have been reporting at least one a week of similar stuff.  

Crazy!

Also if this is in the US, beware that audio has different law around it's recording than video and some states (like Maryland) have strict wiretapping laws you don't want to be on the wrong side of.  

Be sure to check or better consult an attorney about recording audio.  If someone wanted to be a jerk (and any time you deal with the public, unfortuantly that can happen) it could be a "lose your house" type outcome if you aren't protected.

by
Saturday

Yikes! Glad to hear that all were OK. Poor puppies!! And that one woman working right at the window - she looked pretty shaken when she finally crawled out from under the rubble.

by
Sunday

That's crazy!  Glad everyone is OK!  I'm assuming this is in NC?  How do you handle the one party recording rule there?  In Illinois we just disable all audio recording because we're a two party state (ATM).

by
Monday

Wow!  Glad to hear everyone is OK.

by
Monday

That's crazy but looks like nobody got hurt seriously (from what it seemed, I hope). Good footage aside, I'm really amazed of how good the camera is, to be able to capture the incident entirely. This will be valuable for the ones who involved to use it for insurance claim.