3 weeks ago
Unifi Video Install at a Marina
Used Products
×5
×20
×10
Lockside Cottage, 2 Barton Turn, Barton-under-Needwood, Burton-on-Trent DE13 8EA, UK
Description

Hi, 

Nearly finished install at a Marina, using 14 NanoBeam AC Gen2s as wireless bridges to each tower, and EdgeSwitch 8s for switching on each tower & building.

Its been a fairly straighforward install across the site, with 20 UVC G3 cameras, 10 G3 Pro & 5 G3 Domes. all recording and controlled from a brand new UAS-XG server with 2 12TB Iron Wolf Pro drives in RAID 0 for a total of around 22TB of space, as the footage is not vastly important if a drive failiure occours.

Using the G3 Pro cameras on this project for the first time, i was supprised how wide of an image the produce compared to the standard G3.

There are 2 onsite systems that can access directly, all other access is via the cloud. One system is for night security, the other consists of 3 27" screens and 3 Raspberry Pi 3 B+ systems running 9 RTSP feeds each which work great. (The old system needs removing and the desk needs tidying)

IMG_1208.jpgSecurity

IMG_1225.jpgRas Pi

IMG_1226.jpgRas Pi

Unifi Video.jpgUnifi Video

IMG_1147.jpgNorth Tower

IMG_1148.jpgSouth Tower

IMG_1149.jpgSouth tower

IMG_1150.jpgMain Entrance

IMG_1155.jpgMain Entrance

IMG_1175.jpgBridge Tower

IMG_1177.jpgCompound

IMG_1194.jpgServer Rack Build in progress

IMG_1199.jpgServer rack, build near complete

IMG_1202.jpgSystem complete and online

Unifi Video Install at a Marina

by 3 weeks ago

Hi, 

Nearly finished install at a Marina, using 14 NanoBeam AC Gen2s as wireless bridges to each tower, and EdgeSwitch 8s for switching on each tower & building.

Its been a fairly straighforward install across the site, with 20 UVC G3 cameras, 10 G3 Pro & 5 G3 Domes. all recording and controlled from a brand new UAS-XG server with 2 12TB Iron Wolf Pro drives in RAID 0 for a total of around 22TB of space, as the footage is not vastly important if a drive failiure occours.

Using the G3 Pro cameras on this project for the first time, i was supprised how wide of an image the produce compared to the standard G3.

There are 2 onsite systems that can access directly, all other access is via the cloud. One system is for night security, the other consists of 3 27" screens and 3 Raspberry Pi 3 B+ systems running 9 RTSP feeds each which work great. (The old system needs removing and the desk needs tidying)

IMG_1208.jpgSecurity

IMG_1225.jpgRas Pi

IMG_1226.jpgRas Pi

Unifi Video.jpgUnifi Video

IMG_1147.jpgNorth Tower

IMG_1148.jpgSouth Tower

IMG_1149.jpgSouth tower

IMG_1150.jpgMain Entrance

IMG_1155.jpgMain Entrance

IMG_1175.jpgBridge Tower

IMG_1177.jpgCompound

IMG_1194.jpgServer Rack Build in progress

IMG_1199.jpgServer rack, build near complete

IMG_1202.jpgSystem complete and online

{"location":{"title":"Lockside Cottage, 2 Barton Turn, Barton-under-Needwood, Burton-on-Trent DE13 8EA, UK","placeId":"ChIJvV-X4rMGekgRm5qz0t0b-kg"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"unifi-video-camera-g3-dome","count":5},{"id":"unifi-video-camera-g3","count":20},{"id":"unifi-video-g3-pro-camera","count":10}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"","mainImage":"167360i29003131F0706548"}

Comments
by
3 weeks ago

wow thats alot of cameras and a sweet setup thanks for sharing. Gives me some ideas

by
3 weeks ago

No problem,

it it was interesting seeing what the NanoBeams van actually do.

The previous system I installed runs on a custom windows sever with 48TB in raid 10, soon to be 96TB raid 10 with 90+ cameras.

by
3 weeks ago

nice setup how did you get the 3 monitors to split video 

thanks 

by
3 weeks ago

Nice looking work!

What Pi solution did you use for the RTSP?

And I'm curious, why the huge amount of storage if "the footage is not vastly important"?  Seems like the reason for having such a deep history is that there might be something important in there.

by
3 weeks ago

Thanks!

I’m still working on the PIs as there are issues when the cameras drop out and reconnect etc, with the screens starting to strobe. I’ve had multiple PIs set up before this project and they are fairly stable, however it seems that the crontab job causing the flickering upon reconnecting the feed. Hoping once my dev Pi turns up I’ll be able to work on a new solution. 

Historically I’ve had issue with storage ranges and I’ve put the buffer in there just in case, but in 4 days with the system recording at medium on most cameras I’ve used 1TB of space. Also, UV software doesn’t always clear the files off the system and uses a lot of storage that cannot be recovered without clearing all the disk space out, however one system I’ve installed uses 70 cameras currently with the plans to put more in with 3 weeks of footage and that system full currently with 30TB of usable storage. 

There are also plans with this system to expand the system further which is another reason for the extra storage.

by
3 weeks ago

Hi awireless, 

Each screen has its own Pi device and using displaycameras & omxplayer to display the feeds

Thanks

by
3 weeks ago

I have the same type of setup[ that a client wants can you help me with the setup of the omx player for the screens

by
2 weeks ago

Lovely install and interesting area!

Those G3 Pros through brick are a favorite.

Did you erect the tower or was it already there?

by
2 weeks ago

@sparrowinsight 5 of the 8 towers were already installed on a previous cctv installation, we took all the old kit off and put new on and installed a couple of poles around site for extra.

Those G3 Pros took some getting in through that wall Lol it was about 2 foot thick and had to go at an angle down. 

Thanks