Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

We're Wiring A Zoo!

by a week ago

You've likely seen my story about the Meerkat Kam where we live stream the Meerkats to YouTube via a UVC G2.  Well now we're back at it!  We're expanding the camera system at the Zoo!  To get started I'll show you a picture that has everything labed that we're using.  As we progress there will be pictures and updates and maybe some video.  You can follow along on Twitter (@WillieHowe) or Instagram (@howex5) too!

zoowiring.png

Need Ubiquiti Config Videos? https://www.youtube.com/williehowe
Comments
by
a week ago

I thought your name looked familiar, turns out I'm subsribed to your youtube channel! 

Do you have to install that lot on your own? 

I know all about the perils of doing IT in a zoo:

7UCI3K3

by
a week ago

Yup just three of us to do the install.  The existing network is all UBNT except the core switch which I also have a replacement for.

by
a week ago - last edited a week ago

Lincoln Park or Brookfield Zoo by chance?? Or is this also at the Peoria Zoo where the meerkat Kam was? Also a fellow Illinois native that follows your channel.

by
Friday

Willie

why did you choose Edge Switch 8 Port 150 VS Unifi 8 Port POE are they more reliable?  

by
Saturday

@kdg44 The network there requires more configuration than the UniFi line can currently handle.  I'm doing routing, QoS, ACLs, etc...

by
Saturday

@nbonk Nope not up North!

by
Tuesday

This looks awesomse!  What do you plan to use the twelve ethernet surge protectors on, just twelve of the outdoor cameras?