Highlighted

Cant view Video through the computer

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me, I have managed to set up 5 cameras and an NVR and they appear to work and record and I can watch the video through my phone and also the recordings however I cant watch them through my computer. It seems you need Google Chrome to access the software (which is good cause thats what I use) however when I try to watch live feed or a recording it might flicker for a second and then the screen just goes black.  There will be sound that flickers around but it would be good to be able to watch this through the monitor.

I have done some searching and it seems to be a semi common problem but I couldnt find a solution that worked...

Thanks

Lee

Kudos: 2

Re: Cant view Video through the computer

Lee

Using Chrome on Windows 10 PC to access Debian NVR on same network I had a similar problem after upgrade to v3.9.2.

Live view & recordings, display would go blank after a couple of seconds but still had audio.  Worked fine from Android app.  Thought it must be upgrade related, but then I tested from a new Windows 10 VM, installed Chrome & it worked.  Back to my main PC reset Chrome, uninstall  & install Chrome - still same fault.

Then looked at Chrome settings:

Settings, Advanced, System
Use hardware acceleration when available - change to OFF

This fixed it in my setup, hope it works for you as well.

Regards

Ian

SuperUser
Kudos: 7173
Solutions: 414
Contributions: 1

I setup a system just the other day with the same issues. 

First make sure chrome is up to date chrome://settings/help

And as mentioned disable HW acceleration near the bottom of the chrome://settings page 

Walks in, tells it like it is, walks out , milks a cow
Emerging Member
Kudos: 15
Solutions: 3

My hardware acceleration is on and everything works fine.

SuperUser
Kudos: 5444
Solutions: 379

@mdtaylorlrimwrote:

My hardware acceleration is on and everything works fine.

Sometimes it does work fine - if you have the magic combo of hardware, drivers and other software. 

For a lot of others it doesn't Man Happy

When you receive a solution to your question/issue, don't forget to mark your thread as solved and to give kudo's to the people who have helped you out!

Having wifi problems? Take a look here first: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/221029967-UniFi-Debugging-Intermittent-Connectivity-Issues-on-your-UAP