Kudos: 10
Solutions: 1

Cloud and App access stops working after upgrading from 3.9.12 > 3.10.2

We started upgrading a mix of Unifi NVRs and custom build NVRs (ubuntu 16.04) to 3.10.2. The upgrade was successful but cloud access stops working. Everything looks normal but it fails to connect via the app or from Video.ui.com. The good news is that the 10 NVRs that we've upgraded so far went smoothly. We still got more to go but want to get this resolved before upgrading the rest of our NVRs.

We've tried disconnecting it from cloud and re-enabling it but still can't connect. Local access is working just fine. We don't see anything obvious in the cloud logs. Was anything changed in the way the NVR communicates for cloud access to work? We filter all outbound traffic so if something changed in this build we need to know about it so we can make adjustments to our firewall.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 98
Solutions: 41

Re: Cloud and App access stops working after upgrading from 3.9.12 > 3.10.2

Would you be comfortable sharing your cloud and server log files with me in a DM? curious to know what's going on from the NVR's perspective.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving UniFi Video Help Center and UFV3 User Guide for answers to many common questions!

Highlighted

Sure, I will hop on one of our NVRs and download / send you the logs.

DM Sent. Thanks.
Ubiquiti Employee

I think I see your sessions, I'm seeing some timeouts in there. mind sending me a full support file? Need a bit more information now.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Check out our ever-evolving UniFi Video Help Center and UFV3 User Guide for answers to many common questions!

Just uploaded the full support file. You should be able to access via the same link.
Ubiquiti Employee

It seems to be a bit more stable now on 3.10.2, like mentioned above, timeouts. 

Let's cover our bases - try clearing cache (just cache) and restarting the service, first.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

We did do that. Right now we are experiencing a more serious issue with the NVR. We couldn't login to it and was getting 400 errors. Restarting the service helped but now it shows last recording 3 hours ago and we're not able to access any recordings. Thumbnail for the recordnings show the spinning circle.

Ubiquiti Employee

Can you collect another support file and upload to the same link you sent me?

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Kudos: 4

Since I have the same issue, maybe I can send you a log as well.

Just point me out where or what log you need and I'll provide it to you.

I have the same problems and this is a very big problem for me! Now my clients and my business are very much shaken and I get big complaints from customers since thousands of dollars were invested in Unifi Video

We are seeing the same problem as well. I can access the NVR via our local IP address, but not from the cloud server. We are also running 3.10.2. Already tried restarting the service as well as removing and readding my UniFi cloud account to the NVR. The only thing that seemed to kind of work was restarting the physical server itself (service is running on an HP Windows Server 2008 R2). The cloud account worked fine after rebooting the entire server, but only for a day, and now we have the same problem: can't access from the cloud but can access it from LAN.

I'll get you the file sometime today. thanks.

I'm curious if you guys that are having the same problem if you are filtering outbound traffic from your NVRs? I suspect some of the port ranges for cloud access has changed. I'll probably do some packet captures today to see if this is the case.

[ Edited ]

I've starting using the UniFi video system for the past year and have never had to filter outbound traffic or open any ports.

Quick note: The cloud access works fine on my Android device at this time, but not on the browser. I'm going to try to clear the cache on my browser to see if that makes a difference. Man Tongue

EDIT: Now cloud access is intermittent on my Android phone...ugh!

I just cleared the cache in my browser...still no go...I can still access the NVR locallly, but not from the cloud.

@UBNT-claw DM sent, not able to download support file.

Ubiquiti Employee

@evenq - I assume your downloading over cloud? Or is this via IP as well?

Also, it's odd that the current cloud log I have from you is so short - have you ever "deleted" (trashcan icon) the cloud log in the web ui?

If you can even get just the current cloud log from webUI, could you send that my way?

@ctkomaha I would ask for the same information. Can you share your support file with me by link to a file share in a DM?

@viktorgregar I've sent you a DM, I believe I know what might be happening on your installation.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

From direct IP, there's a more serious issue going on with that NVR right now. I'm repairing the DB right now to see if I can get the support file and logs to downloaded.

@UBNT-claw Repairing DB did not help. All recording thumbnails show black and I'm not able to download logs from web-ui. I SSH'd in to the box to grab all the logs. I've uploaded to the link I've provided. We really need some help now as we need to retrive some footage.