Scheduled maintenance: Community will be offline Monday June 17th, 1:00 AM - 6:00 AM (PT)
Kudos: 4

Re: Cloud and App access stops working after upgrading from 3.9.12 > 3.10.2

@UBNT-claw still the same issues on Chrome 74.

Any idea to give a direction where I can search for a solution myself?

Kudos: 65
Solutions: 5

UV-NVR-23 is 10.2
UV-NVR-7 is 9.12
Chrome  Version 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I get the same on Chrome 74 build.
Annotation 2019-04-27 134149.png
Kudos: 3

[ Edited ]

Same issue for me. Neither the browser or the app works when connecting to the cloud while on the LAN. 

Emerging Member

Hopefully they hear us. @UBNT-claw had me start a ticket. Nothing yet. Still busted on 3.10.2 locally. 

Kudos: 2

Hi All,

I just upgraded to 3.10.2 yesterday and suffering remote access issues. Just to be clear - I have a Firewall but, everything has been working for a long time on 3.9.12 - no firewall changes - only upgraded my NVR to 3.10.2 and it stopped working.

So I did some testing...

I do not have random UDP ports Outgoing open (LAN>WAN). When opening the iOS app, I see my firewall drop UDP packets (seem to change, but currently UDP 5514/5515/5540/5541), then my iOS app errors with 'Failed to Connect'.

I temporarily created an 'ANY' rule from my LAN>WAN, re-opened my iOS App and it connected straight away. 

This tells me that in the 3.10.2 update, port requirements have changed.

I do not feel comfortable opening 'UDP' towards the Internet... 1. It worked before without this, 2. we are working with security appliances here, opening random ports is not secure.

Hope this info helps develop a fix.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 113
Solutions: 46

@dionsalvemini can you send me a support file via a dropbox or gdrive link in a DM? 

Best to restrict that outbound rule to the NVR - I should say, this is basically a requirement - the NVR will need to be able to make outbound connections to any IP that your browser or phone may be using.

That said, something's still not quite right - send me a support file and I'll see what we can find.

@Dennis010, sending you a DM soon.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving UniFi Video Help Center and UFV3 User Guide for answers to many common questions!

Kudos: 10
Solutions: 1

@dionsalvemini this is the problem I'm facing as well. We had figured out the minimum UDP port requirements for cloud and app access to work and it had been working for years until after the upgrade. @UBNT-claw something has changed for sure, the 10 NVRs we upgraded all stopped working while all our other NVRs on 3.9.12 all continue to work. I'll probably be doing some packet captures to figure out new ranges again.

I will try and get a support file a bit later. 

However, I am not convinced I need to make any changes on my Firewall seeing it used to work on the previous version. It’s hard to say it is a requirement when we don’t have any solid information as to why something has changed. 

As a pointer, typically a Firewall can dynamically open ‘data stream’ ports if the initial request is via a known protocol, for example, if you allow Outbound FTP, then the dynamic FTP data ports are opened per session then closed at the end of the session (sometimes known as ALG or Inspection). 

Could it be a case in the old vs current software that maybe the initial request was HTTPS and now that initial request is malformed? Therefore not understood by some firewalls?

Using Inspection/ALG methods is much more secure. 

Since it’s only happening to clients on the local LAN, i’m Inclined to think this is a port reflection or NAT loopback problem rather than a firewall problem. I tried the UDP ports above with no success. I’ve opened in/ out access to my NVR and it still doesn’t work. 

[ Edited ]

I HAD this problem as well and solved it (for myself). Not sure if the underlying problem is the same for everybody, but I will share what I did.

My upgrade path was actually from 3.10.1 to 3.10.2. I think the mobile app connection problem started already with the upgrade to 3.10.1, but the disconnected problems with my G3's started with 3.10.2. Also, I had a G3 Flex that just kept upgrading.

In the loggings of the individual camera's I saw the camera's could not reach the NVR, which in my case is on an old Windows PC (win 7). To try and isolate the problem I took the firewall (in my case AVAST) on the NVR-PC down. And immediately everything started working. Start the firewall and all camera's went offline.

I did a number of reinstalls and found that EVENTHOUGH the uninstall program says it removes the firewall rules, it actually does NOT. (I do not know if earlier versions really did remove the rules) The installer says it adds rules, but in fact nothing changed in reality.

In the end I removed the firewall rules by hand (after a un-install), rebooted and installed the NVR again (thereby regenerating the the firewaal rules). I did not check if there was a change in the rules (or at this moment I do not remember anymore), BUT after this last install everything worked fine.

Also I did have to reboot each of the camera's. (They kept reseting or upgrading)

After the reinstall with fresh firewall rules and rebooting of the camera's the whole system was stable and working for the last week. I still see some strange behaviour with 2 G3 camera's but I am guessing this might be something in the firmware update itself and not related to this connection problem.

-------------------------------

To me it seems this is an installer problem.

Not sure if this will work for others, but wanted to share this in case it might.

After a month w/o remote viewing I finally gave up and rolled back to NVR v3.9.9 which then required me to roll back the G3 cams to v4.4.8. But, at least it's working now via both video.ui.com and my android phone app. Small victories Man Wink

Wondering if there was any progress on this issue?

None. I have a ticket open that I can’t even get a reply to. Luckily, this is just stuff I use at home. I feel bad for the guys trying to build a business on this gear. The lack of response to this is unacceptable and unprofessional. 

Emerging Member

Same. I want to use this for customer installs, but leaving us in the lurch is tough. I think it says alot that the 3.10.2 thread sticckied at the top is locked. Praying for a better 3.10.3 so all this money invest for my home doesn't go down the can.

Ancient Member
Kudos: 10752
Solutions: 1669

@ajsmith227 wrote:

I think it says alot that the 3.10.2 thread sticckied at the top is locked...

It doesn't say anything.  Release announcement threads are always locked.

Emerging Member

Downgrading to 3.10.1 and older camera firmware has me back up. Notification aren't working yet, but I can use the cloud and app locally again. 

I have sent two emails over the last three weeks asking for an update and have gotten no response. Anyone find a fix to this. I can't believe Support doesn't even reply to my emails... 

Kudos: 52
Solutions: 12

@UBNT-Amir Is this the issue that you said is fixed on 3.10.3?

I upgraded to 3.10.3 from 3.10.2 and the issue of not connecting via iOS App via the Internet still exists....

very disapponting and so annoying !

Kudos: 65
Solutions: 5

Solved mine with application of latest betas on the beta program.