Highlighted
Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

Daily disconnects

I have G3 camera with the NVR running on my Win 7 SP1 x64 system. It's been installed since January. Was working fine until 9/20 when it disconnected. I wasn't using it so didn't even notice. I just put it in service over the weekend and now it disconnects in less than 24 hours.

On Monday, I rebooted my windows box and it came back online. Today I decided to just restart the service and that made it come back online. When it disconnects, I am able to ping it from my PC with no latency.

I am runing 3.9.12 and fw UVC.v4.4.8.67.M_e4488fa.180911.1127.

Attaching the camera support file. I added .zip to file name since you can't upload a .sup. Disconnected today at 08:42 

Note: I attempted to add the file but it's not liking something.

Accepted Solutions

Re: Daily disconnects

So I think I figured this out but I have other problems so I am not 100% sure. My PC was using dhcp and the ip was changing. Not sure why but I gave it a static ip and the camera doesn't disconnect anymore.

Now I have avservice.exe using almost 100% of the CPU or the controller disconnects from the cloud. Either one or the other has happened every day  since I made the hpchange to the static ip so thats why I say I am not 100% sure I fixed the disconnects. I saw the camera complaining it couldn't connect to an IP nia used on the network and most likely what the controller IP was before it changed so I am pretty sure that was the problem.

Pretty frustrated with these new problems.  It ran fine for 9 months before it started acting up. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1191
Solutions: 359

Hi @chingyvid,

Could you please review this HC article on troubleshooting camera disconnects?

https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012850513-UniFi-Video-Troubleshooting-Camera-Disconnects

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Support Team

UniFi Protect: UniFi Protect Help Center | Frequently Asked Questions

UniFi Video 3: UniFi Video Help Center | UFV3 User Guide

Thanks for the pointer. It's none of the symptoms in the article. The camera was inside, connected via the POE that came with it. No wireless connection and the same cable was connected for 9 months before it started acting up. The cable wasn't touched. It has a static IP address and no cameras were added and no changes were made to any passwords or any other configuration. It's the only camera on the network and nvr.

So I think I figured this out but I have other problems so I am not 100% sure. My PC was using dhcp and the ip was changing. Not sure why but I gave it a static ip and the camera doesn't disconnect anymore.

Now I have avservice.exe using almost 100% of the CPU or the controller disconnects from the cloud. Either one or the other has happened every day  since I made the hpchange to the static ip so thats why I say I am not 100% sure I fixed the disconnects. I saw the camera complaining it couldn't connect to an IP nia used on the network and most likely what the controller IP was before it changed so I am pretty sure that was the problem.

Pretty frustrated with these new problems.  It ran fine for 9 months before it started acting up.