Highlighted
Established Member
Kudos: 416
Solutions: 12
Accepted Solution

Frontrow camera

[ Edited ]

I just received an email from ubnt about the release of frontrow camera.

It look like a camera wifi and battery powered to stream your day to your social media account.

It's quit strange since it hasn't been release under the beta store and we haven't had any info about it.

To me I really think ubnt need to focus more on their unifi video line before putting their energy in this new consummer video product.

I don't understand to vision of ubnt on that, it's way to spreaded, half finished product as always.

The G3-dome need A LOT of love, G3 need to be poe, we also want 4K cameras, face detection, etc.

There is only one usable camera in unifi video (for commercial/industrial purpose), with a nvr system that have alot of bug in it.

Hope it's another team that work on this one ...

FrontRow

Accepted Solutions
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2424
Solutions: 150

Re: Frontrow camera

[ Edited ]

Hi All.

The FrontRow department is entirely separate from the UniFi Video department. It's a fun consumer product, but I can assure you it's not distracting from our progress on UniFi Video. We do keep in touch with those teams to share camera-related knowledge for both our benefit, though.

We are continuing to focus our efforts on product improvements and new hardware releases. The G3 Micro is top priority for us right now, but it won't be the last new piece of hardware you see from us this year. We have several other long-term projects in the works for 2018 and beyond, as well.

I'm going to lock this thread, as it's not productive to the UniFi Video forum and I don't want to cause any confusion for other forum visitors. Anyone interested in FrontRow can visit the FrontRow website for more details: https://www.frontrow.com/

View solution in original post

All Replies
Kudos: 100
Solutions: 7

We were hoping it's an early April Fools day....

Established Member
Kudos: 482
Solutions: 38

Waste of time, money, and engineering resources. This thing is not only hideous looking, but ridiculous in price. What a disappointment. I hope all these stupid products UBNT is wasting life on aren't hampering LTU. I hate to think that my waiting and waiting on an imaginary product(LTU) that can compete in the new wireless world is on hold to make junk like this.
K.I.S.S.
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2424
Solutions: 150

[ Edited ]

Hi All.

The FrontRow department is entirely separate from the UniFi Video department. It's a fun consumer product, but I can assure you it's not distracting from our progress on UniFi Video. We do keep in touch with those teams to share camera-related knowledge for both our benefit, though.

We are continuing to focus our efforts on product improvements and new hardware releases. The G3 Micro is top priority for us right now, but it won't be the last new piece of hardware you see from us this year. We have several other long-term projects in the works for 2018 and beyond, as well.

I'm going to lock this thread, as it's not productive to the UniFi Video forum and I don't want to cause any confusion for other forum visitors. Anyone interested in FrontRow can visit the FrontRow website for more details: https://www.frontrow.com/