Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Ancient Member
Kudos: 8840
Solutions: 1345

Re: Has the UVC-Micro been discontinued.

bradg wrote:
I am rethinking that and will probably put in a Gen3 UVC instead.

It is probably a wise choice and worth the extra cost/effort to cable or backhaul with a Nano or AGW.

Some folks are satisfied with the image quality of the Micro and yes, they did fix the 2.4GHz issue in the latest hardware.  I don't know if there is much old stock out there as to whether what you buy will be the latest hardware or you may need to chase warranty.

Kudos: 91
Solutions: 7

LLigetfa wrote:

Of course Ubiquiti would continue to provide hardware warranty support and software application support.  I don't understand why you would think otherwise.

i am not worried about hardware support. i mean Would they stop production/manufacturing UVC micros.

Ancient Member

I would imagine that if they needed to make more to fulfill warranty claims that they probably would do so.  I cannot see them saying "sorry, we ran out of inventory and cannot fulfill the RMA".  If they ran low on their inventory, they might offer an alternate model if the customer was open to that.  I know of at least one person that did not want another Micro and asked for a different model.

No need to fret, Ubiquiti will not hang the customer out to dry.

Kudos: 26

LLigetfa wrote:

I would imagine that if they needed to make more to fulfill warranty claims that they probably would do so.  I cannot see them saying "sorry, we ran out of inventory and cannot fulfill the RMA".  If they ran low on their inventory, they might offer an alternate model if the customer was open to that.  I know of at least one person that did not want another Micro and asked for a different model.

No need to fret, Ubiquiti will not hang the customer out to dry.

I think the concern is not about fulfilling warranty. The way @UBNT-Matt_B_ worded that post leaves whether or not the actual product is EOL or not ambiguous. He said support, including hardware. He mentions nothing of it no longer being able to be purchased due to supply being discontinued. I too am interested in a clarification on this point.

Is support just deemed software (and warranty claims) or is the Micro still being mass produced for mass consumption?

Kudos: 1

I was looking to deploy probably 6-7 of these at my house in the next month or two. It's not feasable for me to pull wires as my basement is finished, so if it is discontinued, I hope there is a comparable gen3 model with wireless and AC power.

Ancient Member

dustinhess wrote:

I hope there is a comparable gen3 model with wireless and AC power.

Either buy the Micro while you still can or use the UVC G3 with AGW.  There is no wireless G3 model at this time and with Ubiquiti you should know that it would be months/years from the time you hear of a new model to when you can actually buy one.

Kudos: 30
Solutions: 1

@UBNT-Matt_B_ @ubnt-taka Can you guys clarify if the product is being EOL or EOS? I understand that support not being dropped but as others have mentioned your answers dont really help clarify the initial question.

Ancient Member

I don't know if Matt or Taka are the right folks to make the announcement.  I would expect that responsibility to land on @UBNT-PaulL's shoulders.

Of course there could be any number of reasons why it has not been announced, such as needing to first notify the distribution channel so that they can in turn notify their downstream dealers.  It was a seller that was the first to notify us of the UVC-Pro being discontinued so I expect no different for the UVC-Micro.

Kudos: 26

LLigetfa wrote:

I don't know if Matt or Taka are the right folks to make the announcement.  I would expect that responsibility to land on @UBNT-PaulL's shoulders.

That's perfectly understandable and would certainly explain the vagueness that has been conveyed so far in the answers given. So I guess it's just a bit of a waiting game for now. If no one replies saying that it is EOL as far as sales are concerned, then (and I doubt I'm alone here) I think there's enough power in silence to read between the lines and start snapping up any planned additions of Micros.

Kudos: 164

Why is it dropped from the website?  These were awesome cameras!!

BruceFerjulian wrote:

Under "VIDEO SURVEILLANCE" from the UBNT product page, the UVC-Micro is no longer listed.

Was there an announcement that the product has been discontinued?

LLigetfa wrote:

Either buy the Micro while you still can or use the UVC G3 with AGW.  

AGW?

Ancient Member

So, I could use the poe injector that comes with the G3 cameras, and a Airgateway to both power the G3 camera, as well as connect wirelessly to my network using just the one power connection?

Ancient Member

Emerging Member
Kudos: 11

Someone rom UBNT needs to officially answer this question.

I'm not pleased that a product that I have invested so much into is being pulled. 

Was about to order another 20 of these and now they are gone overnight.

This majority of this thread has turned into a slurry of ridiculous opinions rather than facts and suggestions that are as equally absurd. 

The original question was very clear, and I seek the same answer:  Has the UVC-Micro been discontinued?

That simple.  The one official answer has made speculation go wild because saying "There are no immediate plans to drop support (either tech or in the software) for the UVC-Micro at this time." is just avoiding the question entirely. 

The rest of this thread is not official and only leads to frustration.  Someone from UBNT, I don't care who, needs to give a *STRAIGHT* answer not an ambiguous one.

Ancient Member

LFoD wrote:

Someone rom UBNT needs to officially answer this question... 

Iagree

The question is when.  It may be "ridiculous opinion" in your mind but Ubiquiti may need to balance the right to know of the customer with needing time to notify the distributors.

In the case of mFi, it was not until 6 months later in the 203rd post in the thread, Is mFi Dead? that conjecture was ended.  Some of us have been around long enough to know that Ubiquiti decides what and when they tell us.

Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 3149
Solutions: 856
Contributions: 17

Hi guys,

Allow me to clear up the confusion.

The UVC-Micro will have limited shipments moving forward.

We are, however, working on a gen 2 model due out this year as we know many people loved the form factor of the Micro.

Many Questions are Answered in the KnowledgeBase
Don't forget to kudo helpful posts and mark threads as solved
Forum Rules
Kudos: 217
Solutions: 17

@UBNT-Matt_B_ - thanks for clearing that up

Kudos: 30
Solutions: 1

Great to hear, would love to see a gen 2 of the micro.

Kudos: 102
Solutions: 3

Agreed on gen 2, I've been on the fence on getting the current model with the wifi issues.  I really like the tiny size for indoor use.