Kudos: 4

Re: Loud noise from cameras microphones after 3.9 update

This fixed it for me!
Kudos: 12

I found this odd: i only had the chirp when I would use RDP into my NVR. my NVR sits in a network rack with no network connection. I upgraded to the custom firmware, but it still did it. So I accessed the NVR from a different PC on the network via 7443, and the chirp isn't there... makes me wonder if it was there to begin with or if it was an RDP thing. 

Hallo, i have the same problem, i installed a UVC-G3 Dome camera.  When I listening the live feed or viewing any of the recordings I hear a loud noise in the video.

The firmware of the camera is UVC.v4.4.8.67.M_e4488fa.180911.1127

What can we do ??

Thank you.

Christopher

[ Edited ]

Hello.

Got a Unifi G3 Dome placed in my baby's room (just bought it 04 Jan 2019). Only for live playback and live sound.

All my equipment is Ubiquiti. (rooter and switch)

Camera imege is perfect but sound has a very loud noise - just la like a 3.0 diesel car engine. (and its very importand for me to have a clear sound to hear my baby)

I've read all the topics around here regarding this issue. I've downloaded the fiwmware upgrade file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_3SAfj82x2b2mB8tMJKXbSDzMBSyAL7i/view?usp=sharing

and i've made the update using win scp and putty. Update runs perfect.

But my everytime after restart my camera upgrades from 4.1.55 intself to latest firwmare 4.4.8. (I don't have an auto update option to disable)

So i cannot say if 4.1.55 helps because instantly my camera upgrades back to 4.4.8.

I dont have a ubiquiti NVR. I use on my Windows 7 Ubiquiti unifi video and on my Iphone unifi Video.

Pls help me with an advice.

Tnx. Daniel.

That version has no more purpose, it’s only goal was to address the issue that this thread was about and having a small userbase test the fix to see if it actually resolved it. The fix was a success, so it’s contained in all further releases including the newer one that your controller is forcing. Your controller version is too new to work with the old camera fw version you’re manually flashing, and therefore it upgrades the camera to the firmware it can work with.

The audio issue you’re facing is very likely not the issue described in this topic, but something else.

In my (admittedly limited) experience, the G3’s simply don’t have stellar audio quality to begin with. They’re a security camera product, I can imagine audio quality not having the most priority during product design.

To check if your camera is actually worse than what can be expected of the model, I’d suggest you check out some samples out there (e.g. on YouTube) to compare the sound quality. Here’s a good one, indoor w/ audio: https://youtu.be/L1frNdjIuVM

If your camera does sound much worse than samples, your camera might have a hardware problem. In that case, I would recommend opening a new thread to get some help, although you are most likely going to end up being asked to send UBNT support a ticket with a sample clip - so you might as well do both right away.

Good luck! I hope you find a solution.

[ Edited ]

My problem it’s the same. 100 % identical. I’ve attached a phone recording. 

P.S: i don't want stellar audio, but this backround noise is louder than a generator or a diesel 3 liter car engine. I cannot hear my child, and my phone or pc wakes all the house when i want to check on my child.

Kudos: 6

[ Edited ]

I've got the same issue, seems way worse with the G3 Dome than the Flex or other models.  Doesn't make a difference inside or out.   4.9.25 firmware, a constant buzzing sound.    The flex models are all much clearer.   If I put a flex where a dome was, its clear.. put the dome back and buzzing is back.

Guess I'll wait until enough people still have the issue for it to get fixed.   I'm talking 9 Dome cameras all buzzing.

(Video sounds tamer than it really is for some reason)