Highlighted
Kudos: 2
Accepted Solution

Missing something simple: How do I view NVR from the web?

I've been using a cloud key to manage access points in an office, that connects to the internet through a Ubiquity security gateway pro.

I just set up a NVR with G3 video cameras. I had hoped to manage the NVR through the cloud key as well, but that apparently doesn't work. While in the office, I set up the NVR, and associated the camera to it.

However, now that I'm outside the office again, I can't find the NVR on video.ubnt.com, so I can't stream from cameras connected to it, or recordings it's made.

While setting up the NVR, I looked for a "cloud association" config, just like the cloud key had, but couldn't find one.

What am I missing? Do I need to expose the NVR directly to the internet using port forwarding or a DMZ? I'd prefer not to. I had hoped that the video cloud could do NAT introduction with my viewer client and I could get to it that way.

I looked at the "quick setup guide" and couldn't find any real documentation on this, and googling for appropriate keywords just shows a ton of product pages from Ubiquity re-sellers, and YouTube videos on basic setup. (Perhaps some of those videos have the information I need, but there's no way to know before watching, and who has time for that? Text documentation or GTFO!)

So, what am I missing here? How do I view my cameras/recordings from the remote internet?

Accepted Solutions
Ancient Member
Kudos: 10262
Solutions: 1578

Re: Missing something simple: How do I view NVR from the web?

It's right there under Settings.

My Topics
Top Solution Authors Leaderboard
"The firings will continue until morale improves." Donald Trump (unconfirmed) 2017.

View solution in original post

2018-06-13_16-51-33.png

All Replies
Ancient Member
Kudos: 10262
Solutions: 1578

It's right there under Settings.

My Topics
Top Solution Authors Leaderboard
"The firings will continue until morale improves." Donald Trump (unconfirmed) 2017.
2018-06-13_16-51-33.png

Code ?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1119
Solutions: 328

Hi @jwatte,

Welcome to the community!  As shown in the screenshot above, first log in to video.ubnt.com in Chrome, then from within UniFi Video click Settings -> Connect to my Ubiquiti Account.

If you are looking for documentation, our UniFi Video 3 User Guide is available from the Downloads section of the UBNT.com website.  There is a handy link included in my forum signature.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving UniFi Video Help Center and UFV3 User Guide for answers to many common questions!

Kudos: 2

Yup, that's what I missed! Thanks.

Also: it'd be cool if this integrated with Cloud Key, such that I could manage/adopt the device simply by going "in" through the Cloud Key.