Highlighted
Kudos: 1

Missing something simple: How do I view NVR from the web?

I've been using a cloud key to manage access points in an office, that connects to the internet through a Ubiquity security gateway pro.

I just set up a NVR with G3 video cameras. I had hoped to manage the NVR through the cloud key as well, but that apparently doesn't work. While in the office, I set up the NVR, and associated the camera to it.

However, now that I'm outside the office again, I can't find the NVR on video.ubnt.com, so I can't stream from cameras connected to it, or recordings it's made.

While setting up the NVR, I looked for a "cloud association" config, just like the cloud key had, but couldn't find one.

What am I missing? Do I need to expose the NVR directly to the internet using port forwarding or a DMZ? I'd prefer not to. I had hoped that the video cloud could do NAT introduction with my viewer client and I could get to it that way.

I looked at the "quick setup guide" and couldn't find any real documentation on this, and googling for appropriate keywords just shows a ton of product pages from Ubiquity re-sellers, and YouTube videos on basic setup. (Perhaps some of those videos have the information I need, but there's no way to know before watching, and who has time for that? Text documentation or GTFO!)

So, what am I missing here? How do I view my cameras/recordings from the remote internet?

Ancient Member
Kudos: 10014
Solutions: 1553

Re: Missing something simple: How do I view NVR from the web?

It's right there under Settings.

My Topics
Top Solution Authors Leaderboard
"The firings will continue until morale improves." Donald Trump (unconfirmed) 2017.
2018-06-13_16-51-33.png

Code ?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 975
Solutions: 269

Hi @jwatte,

Welcome to the community!  As shown in the screenshot above, first log in to video.ubnt.com in Chrome, then from within UniFi Video click Settings -> Connect to my Ubiquiti Account.

If you are looking for documentation, our UniFi Video 3 User Guide is available from the Downloads section of the UBNT.com website.  There is a handy link included in my forum signature.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving UniFi Video Help Center and UFV3 User Guide for answers to many common questions!

Kudos: 1

Yup, that's what I missed! Thanks.

Also: it'd be cool if this integrated with Cloud Key, such that I could manage/adopt the device simply by going "in" through the Cloud Key.