Scheduled maintenance: Community available only in read-only mode until 6:00 AM (PT)
Emerging Member
Kudos: 7

Re: Privacy Masking?

Yes it's really needed. Here in Germany it's not allowed to film the street, pavement or anything else that is not your property.

Solutions: 1

Hello,

Just created an account to give this a "+1".

Does 3.10 have an estimated delivery date? This is the difference between righteously angry neighbours .vs. placated neighbours Man Happy

Ancient Member
Kudos: 10752
Solutions: 1669

How would the neighbors know that there is privacy blanking?  It's not like you can tell by looking at the camera.

They wouldn't inhernetly know unless they have access to the NVR, which they don't.

What my post meant to convey was that currently they have to take my word for it that their business isn't being recorded intentionally, only incidentally (if my own motion detection is triggered by somebody coming into my property).

With privacy masking in place, I can show them a screengrab of my cameras, with their property completely blurred out of every one. They then have nothing to worry/complain about.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 4

After allmost 4 months later i see not anything did changed, and we go for other Company who have already privacy masking in their systems. Seems you guys need few years more dev. time, good luck.

The privacy masking in the BETA seems to work rather nicely – Good stuff!