Kudos: 3

SSL Certificate

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere (I can't find it) and also apologies for it being more of a Linux Question than a UV question (Linux newbie)

Ubuntu 16.04 & Unifi Video 3.8.5.

I install lets encrypt, generate the cert, then (all from posts on this forum - thnaks chaps!):-

sudo openssl pkcs8 -topk8 -nocrypt -in /etc/letsencrypt/live/nvr.com/privkey.pem -outform DER -out ufv-server.key.der
sudo openssl x509 -outform der -in /etc/letsencrypt/live/nvr.com/fullchain.pem -out ufv-server.cert.der
sudo mkdir /usr/lib/unifi-video/data/certificates
sudo nano /var/lib/unifi-video/system.properties
add ufv.custom.certs.enable=true and save
sudo cp ufv* /var/lib/unifi-video/certificates
sudo chown -R unifi-video:unifi-video /var/lib/unifi-video/certificates
sudo rm /var/lib/unifi-video/ufv-truststore
sudo rm /var/lib/unifi-video/keystore
sudo service unifi-video start

all works like a charm. I'm now wondering how to automate the renewal. I could just renew the cert with certbot and then follow the stepas above, but it seems a bit brutal. Any suggestion on the syntax of a script that will check the cert, renew if required then move the files across?

Alternatively, I hace a cert from SSLs .com, I sue it following pretty much the steps above, but no matter what I do, if I run it through an ssl checker its whines about an internediate not being installed.

Either of these is fine, I have a requirement to get rid of the cert error when accessing the nvr across the local lan

Re: SSL Certificate

works like a charm thanks Man Happy

Re: SSL Certificate

Your post needs to be made a sticky!

Thanks Man Happy