Kudos: 9

Re: UAS-XG Issue

I just setup my new USG and getting this same issue. Looks like the drives were never even configured in RAID, as I don't even have a mount point listed and Unifi Video only sees the SSD, which is not what I want to record to. Is the only option to reload the latest stock image?

For a $2k device, I'm not very happy.

@rpesta wrote:

I just setup my new USG and getting this same issue. Looks like the drives were never even configured in RAID, as I don't even have a mount point listed and Unifi Video only sees the SSD, which is not what I want to record to. Is the only option to reload the latest stock image?

You too?  I just bought a new one and powered it up to the same error.  Support says to reload but that doesn't really put my mind at ease.  What did you do?

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Video/UAS-XG-OOB-Error/m-p/2668237

Kudos: 9

I ended up backing up my controller, reloading from the ISO, and restoring from backup and I haven't had any issues so far.

Kudos: 57
Solutions: 2

@rpesta wrote:

We've got around a dozen of them and this is the default behaviour we've encountered across all of them. Our assumption is the box is a blank slate the moment it gets to us and without restoring from the 0.3 ISO, you have no device. Good news is that since we're swapping out the standard drives with 12TB ones anyways, we'd be doing this no matter what. But it still sucks that their top of the line product is no more than barely functioning abandonware at this point. We're a year out from release and no update has been developed beyond 0.5 (which you can't even download an ISO of) and it still has the same functional issues that it did when it was in alpha.

Hi Carlo I too am looking at replacing to 12TB drives have you the model number you purchased please.

Kind Regards

James