Accepted Solution

UAS-XG OOB Error

[ Edited ]

So, I just received our new Ubiquiti UAS-XG server and out of the box I am seeing this error in the GUI:"An error occurred while fetching data, please see the browser console for additional details.  This error box keeps appearing persistently.

Upon hooking a monitor to the server and checking the console, I see this error: 

[131.XXXXXX] x86/PAT: ipmi-locate:2666 map pfn expected mapping type uncached-minus for [mem 0x799fc000-0x799fcfff], got write-back

Can anyone provide any information on what is causing this error and how I can resolve the issue?  A little disappointed that I dropped $2K on this product to avoid having to deal with any issues w/custom solution only to experience one right away.

ubnterro.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Emerging Member
Kudos: 13
Solutions: 4

Re: UAS-XG OOB Error

I might be able to give you a hand here... there's no RAID ARRAY in your setup. It looks like the Unifi server GUI can't find it because it doesn't exist. IF there is no data on the 2TB disks, do the below before attempting an ISO flash. :

sudo mdadm --create --verbose /dev/md0 --level=1 --raid-devices=2 /dev/sdb /dev/sdc
You will get something like :

Output
mdadm: Note: this array has metadata at the start and
may not be suitable as a boot device. If you plan to
store '/boot' on this device please ensure that
your boot-loader understands md/v1.x metadata, or use
--metadata=0.90
mdadm: size set to 104792064K
Continue creating array? y
cat /proc/mdstat
This will give you the resync status of the drives : 

Personalities : [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [raid10]
md0 : active raid1 sdb[1] sda[0]
104792064 blocks super 1.2 [2/2] [UU]
[====>................] resync = 20.2% (21233216/104792064) finish=6.9min speed=199507K/sec

unused devices: <none>

You will need to create the filesystem by doing :

sudo mkfs.ext4 -F /dev/md0

Then make sure you have a directory /srv   under root. If it doesn't exist create it. 

sudo mount /dev/md0 /srv
Your acess to the RAID array will be /srv   ( that's the stock setup )

Your errors should disappear in the GUI 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 92
Solutions: 37

Regarding the UI messages, those messages refer to your browser console. Would be comfortable sharing some of that output? (right click, inspect element, console)

Those IPMI warnings are unrelated - they appear there because of a change to linux kernels in regard to ipmi drivers. It mostly means that the ipmi driver is receiving some information out of order, which is fairly normal given the interface the kernel uses to communicate with ipmi hardware.

"Ipmi-locate is sometimes used to determine if IPMI can be found
on your system.  Users are cautioned though, the failure to discover
IPMI via Ipmi-locate is not sufficient to disprove that IPMI
exists on your system."

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving UniFi Video Help Center and UFV3 User Guide for answers to many common questions!

@UBNT-claw wrote:

Regarding the UI messages, those messages refer to your browser console. Would be comfortable sharing some of that output? (right click, inspect element, console)

Those IPMI warnings are unrelated - they appear there because of a change to linux kernels in regard to ipmi drivers. It mostly means that the ipmi driver is receiving some information out of order, which is fairly normal given the interface the kernel uses to communicate with ipmi hardware.

"Ipmi-locate is sometimes used to determine if IPMI can be found
on your system.  Users are cautioned though, the failure to discover
IPMI via Ipmi-locate is not sufficient to disprove that IPMI
exists on your system."

Ah, that makes sense.  Here's a screenshot of the Chrome (Version 72.0.3626.96 (Official Build) (64-bit)) browser console. 

ubnt_error_2019.jpg
Ubiquiti Employee

Have you already set up the controllers on the unit? Just curious from a recovery perspective.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Check out our ever-evolving UniFi Video Help Center and UFV3 User Guide for answers to many common questions!

@UBNT-claw wrote:
Have you already set up the controllers on the unit? Just curious from a recovery perspective.

No, I have not done anything but change the admin password and run the updates.  I haven't launched any of the apps yet.

Ubiquiti Employee

Kind of a pain I know, but it may be worth re-imaging the server, since it wouldn't be removing any data.

UniFi - How To Reload a UAS using the ISO and USB

UniFi - How To Reload a UAS using the ISO and IPMI

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

@UBNT-claw wrote:

Kind of a pain I know, but it may be worth re-imaging the server, since it wouldn't be removing any data.

UniFi - How To Reload a UAS using the ISO and USB

UniFi - How To Reload a UAS using the ISO and IPMI

I understand that reloading it is a proposed troubleshooting step/resolution, but what is the cause of the error?

It looks like several people have encountered this issue, yet I see no indication of the cause.

Related thread: https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Video/UAS-XG-Issue/td-p/2431414/

Ubiquiti Employee

If you run df -h or mount -l, is the raid array mounted?

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Here are the results. 

ubnt@ubnt:~$ lsblk
NAME              MAJ:MIN RM   SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
sda                 8:0    0 111.8G  0 disk
├─sda1              8:1    0   976M  0 part /boot
├─sda2              8:2    0     1K  0 part
└─sda5              8:5    0 110.9G  0 part
  ├─ubnt--vg-root 252:0    0 103.2G  0 lvm  /
  └─ubnt--vg-swap 252:1    0   7.6G  0 lvm  [SWAP]
sdb                 8:16   0   1.8T  0 disk
sdc                 8:32   0   1.8T  0 disk

ubnt@ubnt:~$ df -h
Filesystem                 Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev                        16G     0   16G   0% /dev
tmpfs                      3.2G  9.1M  3.2G   1% /run
/dev/mapper/ubnt--vg-root  102G  2.5G   94G   3% /
tmpfs                       16G     0   16G   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs                      5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
tmpfs                       16G     0   16G   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/sda1                  945M   54M  827M   7% /boot
tmpfs                      4.7G     0  4.7G   0% /var/cache/unifi-video
tmpfs                      3.2G     0  3.2G   0% /run/user/1000

ubnt@ubnt:~$ mount -l
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
udev on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,nosuid,relatime,size=16402196k,nr_inodes=4100549,mode=755)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000)
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,size=3284244k,mode=755)
/dev/mapper/ubnt--vg-root on / type ext4 (rw,relatime,errors=remount-ro,data=ordered)
securityfs on /sys/kernel/security type securityfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
tmpfs on /run/lock type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=5120k)
tmpfs on /sys/fs/cgroup type tmpfs (ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec,mode=755)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,xattr,release_agent=/lib/systemd/systemd-cgroups-agent,name=systemd)
pstore on /sys/fs/pstore type pstore (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls,net_prio type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,net_cls,net_prio)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/perf_event type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,perf_event)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/pids type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,pids)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/memory type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,memory)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/blkio type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,blkio)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/devices type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,devices)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu,cpuacct type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpu,cpuacct)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpuset)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/freezer type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,freezer)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/hugetlb type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,hugetlb)
systemd-1 on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type autofs (rw,relatime,fd=22,pgrp=1,timeout=0,minproto=5,maxproto=5,direct)
mqueue on /dev/mqueue type mqueue (rw,relatime)
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,relatime)
hugetlbfs on /dev/hugepages type hugetlbfs (rw,relatime)
fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw,relatime)
/dev/sda1 on /boot type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered)
tmpfs on /var/cache/unifi-video type tmpfs (rw,noexec,noatime,nodiratime,size=4926364k,mode=700,uid=111)
/dev/mapper/ubnt--vg-root on /var/lib/docker/aufs type ext4 (rw,relatime,errors=remount-ro,data=ordered)
tmpfs on /run/user/1000 type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,size=3284244k,mode=700,uid=1000,gid=1000)
Emerging Member

I might be able to give you a hand here... there's no RAID ARRAY in your setup. It looks like the Unifi server GUI can't find it because it doesn't exist. IF there is no data on the 2TB disks, do the below before attempting an ISO flash. :

sudo mdadm --create --verbose /dev/md0 --level=1 --raid-devices=2 /dev/sdb /dev/sdc
You will get something like :

Output
mdadm: Note: this array has metadata at the start and
may not be suitable as a boot device. If you plan to
store '/boot' on this device please ensure that
your boot-loader understands md/v1.x metadata, or use
--metadata=0.90
mdadm: size set to 104792064K
Continue creating array? y
cat /proc/mdstat
This will give you the resync status of the drives : 

Personalities : [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [raid10]
md0 : active raid1 sdb[1] sda[0]
104792064 blocks super 1.2 [2/2] [UU]
[====>................] resync = 20.2% (21233216/104792064) finish=6.9min speed=199507K/sec

unused devices: <none>

You will need to create the filesystem by doing :

sudo mkfs.ext4 -F /dev/md0

Then make sure you have a directory /srv   under root. If it doesn't exist create it. 

sudo mount /dev/md0 /srv
Your acess to the RAID array will be /srv   ( that's the stock setup )

Your errors should disappear in the GUI 

@IA64 wrote:

Thank you for the advice.  I've done that, and reloaded the OS through IPMI and now the server is back up and the GUI errors are gone, but the UAS UniFi software won't upgrade to the latest version.  

UniFi Application Server0.4.3GUI 1.0.5

When I use the "Upgrade Server" button, it briefly says "Upgrade of the system has started" but then that box disappears and nothing happens.  Any idea on how to manually update/resolve that issue?

Emerging Member

Have you tried sudo apt-get update ?

@IA64 wrote:

I have, and I get more errors.  Maybe the update is pointed to the wrong place...IDK, I've been trying to figure out but I've been crunched for time.  Here's a screenshot.  I'm definitely not a linux guru...hence the buying of a server that was supposed to just work.

ubnt_error_2.PNG

Emerging Member

@MOCLEC wrote:

@IA64 wrote:

I have, and I get more errors.  Maybe the update is pointed to the wrong place...IDK, I've been trying to figure out but I've been crunched for time.  Here's a screenshot.  I'm definitely not a linux guru...hence the buying of a server that was supposed to just work.

ubnt_error_2.PNG

We're facing the same issue here. Someone created a thread https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Wireless/UAS-XG-Repository-error/m-p/2668748#M365098

I will see if I can find the deb package for the update on my server and post it here. 

Emerging Member

@MOCLEC wrote:

@IA64 wrote:

ubnt_error_2.PNG

Hello, I managed to get you the deb file : 

https://uploadfiles.io/c0bcm

Cheers

Highlighted

Oh, thank you for providing the file!  As luck would have it, the apt-get update worked today when I gave it a try.  It looks like the GUI is updated and the initial error is gone.  I'm going to do some further configuration and hope nothing else goes wrong.

Thank you all for the assistance with this issue.