Scheduled maintenance: Community will be offline Monday June 17th, 1:00 AM - 6:00 AM (PT)
Highlighted
Emerging Member
Kudos: 9

UVC SD card slot usage.. any updates?

Any updates on when recording to SD card will be available on the UVC cameras?

Kudos: 17

Re: UVC SD card slot usage.. any updates?

Plus 1

Would be great if we could just use the SSD slot without the NVR.

Thanks,

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 518
Solutions: 74
Contributions: 2

No updates. We're still investigating.

Kudos: 2

[ Edited ]

Hello

I recently purchased 3 UVC cameras and I selected them by evaluating their features, including view angle, resolution and SD card slot. Now I found the SD card slot is there but not supported in the software. This is really very strange and not acceptable.

I plan to use the SD slot recording as additional backup next to Unifi video recording software. Please let me know when can you enable this feature. When you advertise the SD card feature with your products I trust this is something all buyers expect.

Kudos: 5

We are also still waiting (for about 7 months) for the SD card slot to support recording.

We bought one evaluation unit and put the project on hold after finding out that SD card recording is not supported.

Kudos: 19

I just bought 2 x UVC cameras specifically because they had MicroSD slots. ONly to find out today they don't even work.

What is the point of shipping a product with a feature that doesnt work?

And other people have been waiting for 7 months?????? Rediculous.

I hold UBNT very highly as i love the products and the software. This has let me down tremendously and i hope that UBNT are looking at fixing this feature.

I still can't get over the fact that a product was shipped/released with a non-functional sdCard

Any update after 3 years????

Kudos: 2

I bought nvr and 3 uvc . Now i See theMicro sd Slot.  Any function ?

[ Edited ]

It's like selling a biturbo car but the turbosare only installed...in reality.. They do not work. And whenever the car is descrived , "biturbo" is highlithed in the caracteristica !, the one Who read it will  automatically understand that the functionality could be used by the buyer. Ubnt Banana