Kudos: 1

Unable to adopt NVR

[ Edited ]

I have recently set up a new Ubituit NVR at one of our schools. It is all working fine, with the cameras connected to it and recording.

However, when I try and connect it to my ubuiqiti account, it sits on "Adopting your NVR" and doesn't go any further.

I have opened the following ports on the firewall:

7442 - 7443

7445 - 7447

There's nothing being blocked by our firewall that I can see. It just doesn't do anything. If I run the Ubiquiti Device Discovery tool, it finds the NVR and cameras just fine.

The NVR is running the latest 3.8.5 release.

What am I missing here?

Kudos: 1

Re: Unable to adopt NVR

Anyone got any ideas?

Kudos: 11
Solutions: 4

do you have an NVR at any of your other schools, so you can compare setup or firewall policies?

you could create policy to allow everything out from the NVR, and see if it connects then.  

if it doesnt, then you know it is not firewall issue.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1421
Solutions: 436

Hi @aayre,

I'm assuming you have both your OS and Java up to date, and UniFi Video upgraded to v3.8.5.  If you are trying to connect from within video.ubnt.com; please attempt to connect from within UniFi Video itself:

1) In Chrome, log into the NVR directly / locally using it's IP as Super User.

2) Open a new Chrome tab, visit https://video.ubnt.com/ and log in with your UBNT.com account.

3) Return to your NVR tab, and click on Settings at the bottom left.

4) In the Settings pane, you should see a button toward the top that will allow you to Connect to the Cloud.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Support Team

UniFi Protect: UniFi Protect Help Center | Frequently Asked Questions

UniFi Video 3: UniFi Video Help Center | UFV3 User Guide

We clicked on the Add My Ubiquiti Account and we get the Chrome page:

Capture.PNG

We click on INSTALL and nothing happens.  We have tried times, started new brownser and restarted the computer and still have the same problem.  We tried IE 11 that comes with Win10 and still have the same issue.  How do we resolve this problem.

And how do we get tech support from Ubiquiti? They can remote in and fix this problem in minutes.
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Video/Yet-another-I-can-t-connect-from-public-network/m-p/266978...

I lost my Sh(*# tying to sort my issue and it was cookie related, may be your issue.

You need to use chrome.