Highlighted

Unifi G3 Flex Camera Inverted Install

Before I bought in to Unifi I knew there was going to some hidden lining within that makes them not great. Its the fact you can not install the G3 Flex upside down outside which 90% of the users probably planned on installed these in the soffits on the house.

But instead of coming out in the open with that, you have to buy the camera, then open the quick start guide on how to install outdoors which it CALLS OUT specifically to be installed upright.

The regular G3 camera has a gland, for the ethernet connection, why cant they make one for the flex? id pay 20 bucks more for it to have that.

What makes me laugh is the G3 camera can be installed "inverted" with the ethernet port being the highest point of the camera, and really, since its not truley sealed, will have moisture within itself anyway and even worse it would probably trap it, unless the gland they provide fills the entire cavity.

A simple solution, in my opinion, is to slope the base that is used for outside mounts, what is so hard about that? moisture will be there yes, but it will find its way out. It will be trapped if it has flat cavaties like they give you, but if its sloped it, problem solved.

im really kicking myself after i ran all my ethernet cords, bought the US 150w swtich and NVR.

Re: Unifi G3 Flex Camera Inverted Install

Forgot to add though,

I will come up with a solution to this though....at least me and my 3D printer will. Thats if i cant make the current base work. I will update the thread whenever I have mounted this to the soffit

Re: Unifi G3 Flex Camera Inverted Install

Mine is installed inverted and works perfectly.