Highlighted
Kudos: 1
Accepted Solution

Unifi Video on iOS

I've read several threads on various issues with iOS, both for the iPhone and iPad, but I've not found anything recent with these specific variables/issues.

I have Unifi Video 3.9.12 running locally on a Ubuntu 18.04 VM. This is the same VM that hosts the Unifi controller and UNMS for me.

I've a single G3 Micro with firmware 4.4.8 attached to Unifi Video that was adopted and is working well; its on a 5Ghz network with solid wifi strength. Not doing any recording or motion sensing yet. The camera is in an interior room of the house.

I was able to install the Unifi Video app version 1.3.8 (Build 206) on an iPhone X running iOS 12.2 (16E5181f). On initial launch it detected the NVR and selecting it gave me the login prompt. After authenticating I'm able to see the camera, view its live feed, and otherwise use the app without issue.

After leaving the app and then returning, the NVR with the saved credentials shows in the list, but selecting it crashes the app 100% of the time. The only way I can log in to the NVR is to re-type my credentials.

I've confirmed this crash doesn’t happen on the iPhone 7s+. I'm able to select the NVR with the saved credentials and it loads right up without crashing.

What other information can I provide that will be helpful for diagnosing? I'm happy to share whatever will be helpful.

Accepted Solutions
Solutions: 1

Re: Unifi Video on iOS

I did some playing around and it seems there's some incompatibility with Touch ID (Face ID). When I turn it off, I get the login screen and it works fine without any crashing.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Kudos: 3

It does the exact same thing to me on one of the new iPad pros.

Same here. iOS 12.1.2 on iPhone X. UniFi Video 3.10.1 on Ubuntu 18.04. iOS app 1.3.8. G3 Flex. I also don’t get any audio on the app. I’m trialing out UniFi video as a replacement for ring cams and trying to decide which route to take. This is so frustrating and I really want to go the UniFi route because I have a full UniFi stack. However, all the evidence points towards the Ring cams as a better option. 

I did some playing around and it seems there's some incompatibility with Touch ID (Face ID). When I turn it off, I get the login screen and it works fine without any crashing.

Kudos: 1

That addressed the crashing on my iPhone X. I still can't use the microphone on the camera due to the clicking issue, and the audio stops if you leave the app running for several hours (e.g. a monioring a kids room), but at least I can now use the app.

Thanks for posting this.