Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

Upgraded 3.9.12 > 3.10.1, firmware issues

I've just upgraded two instances from 3.9.12 to 3.10.1. One of them the upgrade went fine, and all cameras were automatically upgraded to the 4.8.40 firmware. The cameras on the other instance remain on 4.4.8.

I've tried restarting the cameras, and the Unifi Video software, neither of which made a difference. Logging in to one of the cameras directly, I was able to manually upgrade the firmware to 4.8.40, but it then showed in the controller as "Firmware Unsupported" - which is odd given that 4.8.40 is the firmware that ships with 3.10.1, and it works fine on my other instance. I've downgraded the camera back to 4.4.8 for now, and it's working fine again.

How do I resolve this so that the controller sees 4.8.40 as a valid firmware, and upgrades all of the cameras? (We have over 40, I don't fancy having to do them all manually one at a time)

Accepted Solutions

Re: Upgraded 3.9.12 > 3.10.1, firmware issues

I've managed to fix this by downloading and running the installer to re-install over the top of the existing installation. After restarting the service, all cameras automatically upgraded when they reconnected.

View solution in original post

All Replies

I've managed to fix this by downloading and running the installer to re-install over the top of the existing installation. After restarting the service, all cameras automatically upgraded when they reconnected.

[ Edited ]

Hi, I have upgraded and I cannot manage any of the cameras.

I have tried to reboot the ubnt virtual machine where the unifi-video controller runs and resetting the cameras. I have also forgotten the cameras.

I cannot make 3.10.1 work

Could you please help me.

I have sent a support file too using the support file request from another thread that is closed now.