I would like to be able to manage UniFi VoIP phones through the FreePBX Endpoint Manager. This is how we manage all of our other VoIP phones, and this ability is a requirement for new VoIP endpoint options.
It appears that the FreePBX project reached out in the past to partner on this implementation, but at the time, Ubiquiti was not interested (https://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-8114). Please reconsider!
Where I can I page from 1 phone... and I can say " BOY GET your butt up here", to my son... and it will go across all phones, over the speaker phone.
I can page from 1 phone to another directly and it will auto pick up on speaker phone.
I miss this feature having it on a Avaya IP Office PBX and a Cisco PBX too. I use it all the time... and my company does too.
We have around 150 phones on an alcatel PBX. We're deploying Skype for Business in the next 6 months. I didn't see any good options for a physical phone.
This is a massive opportunity for Ubiquiti, IF they can debug and get their phone working with Microsoft's solution.
Need to be able to centrally manage the handset OS.
1. Install or not install the Google Framework Services. - Not everyone even wants this on their devices.
2. Ability to push apps to the devices.
3. Ability to restrict what apps can be installed on the device when GFS or other app stores are installed.
4. Ability to factory reset the OS in the event a user has pooched it.
5. Ability to lock the OS down so that only whitelisted apps can run.
Ubnt, please include a repository for UniFi VoIP controller just like what you did for UniFi AP controller. It will made things a lot easier for us to install the packages and keep it up to date too. I wish ubnt will really consider this idea.
This feature would be for the implementation of a "night-time" mode for the phone, when used in residential settings.
Currently, the phone operates in the same mode day or night. Having a night time mode would be useful for phones in bedrooms and would have features like:
- turn off the notification light during night time hours
- don't ring the phone for calls during night time hours (unless for specified "break through numbers")
- turn off the display far quicker than during the day (say 15 seconds)
- don't play any notification sounds
I've looked for a general Android night mode setting but can't find anything on the phone.
I'm considering to add IP phones in my house and an integrated system (unifi) will be nice but there is no ATA adapter FXO part of the product catalog from Ubiquiti...
still a lot of us have landlines (FXO) and we don't want to go to the IP phone system from Grandstream, cisco, etc.
is something coming in the future?
A common feature for phones with passthrough is to allow LLDP-MED to set the Vlan for voice and then pass through the data network onto the second port.
Given the EdgeMax switches allow this to be done with 3rd party phones, please consider this as a option to be used with the UVP's
I would like to be able to display a feed from one of my Unifi Video cameras or NVR onto the display of the Unifi VoIp phone. It would be nice to set a trigger. IE EXT 500 calls and it automaticly displays the camera feed for camera 1..
This would be usfull with Door Call Boxs.
A checkbox that enables/disables the launching of the UVP Phone app when handset is lifted.
Instead of the above, a drop-down menu that lets the user choose what (if any) app is launched when the handset is lifted.
As it stands (4.5.2), picking up the handset launches the phone app. This is probably fine for many users.
Some users, though, may want to use the UVP with Google Hangouts [Dialer] or other third party phone apps. So, as it stands, when using 3rd party apps, and picking up the handset, the UVP Phone app awkwardly launches, and has to be closed manually by the user (to get it out of the way).
Also, if your PBX is setup to give a dialtone when the handset is lifted (and the UVP Phone app is open), like mine is, a dialtone pops up in the background of your 3rd party app call when the handset is listed.
In all fairness, my quick summary After having used the UVP over 3 months:
The UVP is a product which is great in design, fully packed with tons of functionalities (to the extreme… and far more than needed generally), but it does NOT provide well enough the basic functionality of a business phone:
1. The audio quality when using the handle is not excellent, just OK (@Mic-Level: 1,8)
2. The audio quality when using the loudspeaker (hands free mode, side tone disabled) ist totally unacceptable (hall effects, interruptions, sounds like being 5m away from the Mic, …)
3. The download of contact databases (if not from a Google account) but from an Outlook Exchange server is not working.
4. It might be a product which is usable in a large corporate environment with professional inhouse IT support but not for a SMB with little IT resources
The UBNT support is very helpful and working hard to do almost everything to satisfy customers - but they can't repair what a poor product management has overlooked. It is a shame to drop a product to the market at that stage of market readiness (und the support cost of UBNT must be enormous!)
I think this is what it describes it the best. To sad....
Is there any plans to have a Pre-installed VoIP Controller on a CloudKey-like device? I am not asking for a VoIP Controller preinstalled on the Cloudkey, but a seperate device along the lines of the CloudKey hardware but running the VoIP Controller as firmware?
- esseph on: FXo ports adapter for Unifi VoIP
- andrisskudra on: UniFi VoIP Cloud Platform 3rd Party Trunk
- ronaldklng on: Asterisk API Integration (Manage phone, create extensions)
- R4V3R on: Phone with a small screen and without Android
- depasseg on: OpenDNS support
- rsarnold1s on: URGENT REQUEST: "3-way calling"
- mathvm on: Hotspot fields 'optimisation'
- RV-Agencia on: Label incoming calls with which SIP Account has been dialled
- nscchicken on: Please re-merge the VoIP controller with the regular Unifi controller
- finalbion on: Incoming Call Display Account
- Unifi controller voip - multiple feature request
- FXO Adapter for UniFi VoIP
- Cloudkey-like VoIP Controller
- Video intercom
- FXo ports adapter for Unifi VoIP
- Save SIP password in controller
- UniFi VoIP Cloud Platform 3rd Party Trunk
- UniFi VoIP Cloud Platform Local Controller
- Manage Contact list from Controller
- Open API