I would like to be able to manage UniFi VoIP phones through the FreePBX Endpoint Manager. This is how we manage all of our other VoIP phones, and this ability is a requirement for new VoIP endpoint options.
It appears that the FreePBX project reached out in the past to partner on this implementation, but at the time, Ubiquiti was not interested (https://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-8114). Please reconsider!
Where I can I page from 1 phone... and I can say " BOY GET your butt up here", to my son... and it will go across all phones, over the speaker phone.
I can page from 1 phone to another directly and it will auto pick up on speaker phone.
I miss this feature having it on a Avaya IP Office PBX and a Cisco PBX too. I use it all the time... and my company does too.
Need to be able to centrally manage the handset OS.
1. Install or not install the Google Framework Services. - Not everyone even wants this on their devices.
2. Ability to push apps to the devices.
3. Ability to restrict what apps can be installed on the device when GFS or other app stores are installed.
4. Ability to factory reset the OS in the event a user has pooched it.
5. Ability to lock the OS down so that only whitelisted apps can run.
We have around 150 phones on an alcatel PBX. We're deploying Skype for Business in the next 6 months. I didn't see any good options for a physical phone.
This is a massive opportunity for Ubiquiti, IF they can debug and get their phone working with Microsoft's solution.
This feature would be for the implementation of a "night-time" mode for the phone, when used in residential settings.
Currently, the phone operates in the same mode day or night. Having a night time mode would be useful for phones in bedrooms and would have features like:
- turn off the notification light during night time hours
- don't ring the phone for calls during night time hours (unless for specified "break through numbers")
- turn off the display far quicker than during the day (say 15 seconds)
- don't play any notification sounds
I've looked for a general Android night mode setting but can't find anything on the phone.
A common feature for phones with passthrough is to allow LLDP-MED to set the Vlan for voice and then pass through the data network onto the second port.
Given the EdgeMax switches allow this to be done with 3rd party phones, please consider this as a option to be used with the UVP's
I would like to be able to display a feed from one of my Unifi Video cameras or NVR onto the display of the Unifi VoIp phone. It would be nice to set a trigger. IE EXT 500 calls and it automaticly displays the camera feed for camera 1..
This would be usfull with Door Call Boxs.
Ubnt, please include a repository for UniFi VoIP controller just like what you did for UniFi AP controller. It will made things a lot easier for us to install the packages and keep it up to date too. I wish ubnt will really consider this idea.
A checkbox that enables/disables the launching of the UVP Phone app when handset is lifted.
Instead of the above, a drop-down menu that lets the user choose what (if any) app is launched when the handset is lifted.
As it stands (4.5.2), picking up the handset launches the phone app. This is probably fine for many users.
Some users, though, may want to use the UVP with Google Hangouts [Dialer] or other third party phone apps. So, as it stands, when using 3rd party apps, and picking up the handset, the UVP Phone app awkwardly launches, and has to be closed manually by the user (to get it out of the way).
Also, if your PBX is setup to give a dialtone when the handset is lifted (and the UVP Phone app is open), like mine is, a dialtone pops up in the background of your 3rd party app call when the handset is listed.
TLDR: Make it possible to differentiate the ringtone between an internal or external call.
Almost every busy office needs this:
A way to hear (without looking at your phone) if it is a collegue calling or wheter a customer is currently waiting for you to pick up!
All basic and major phone brands already provide this option, so when a bussiness chooses for the high-end phone hardware of UVP they expect the features accordingly.
This is such a basic request we didn't even test out before deciding to order a dozen phones.
(We still don't regret it, but we really hope this feature will be implemented very soon!)
I love the two models you have currently, however I would like to see a wireless hand set version, as i have clients that cant be chained to the desk. If you had that i could offer a 100% UBNT Solution, USG, Switch, Security and Phones!
I think it'd be nice to be able to lock down the UVP devices so people can't play with them.
I'd love to be able to restrict access to the phone app only, so my operators can do nothing but make and receive calls.
It's a phone. It doesn't need to do anything other than be a phone (unless I give specific permission to do more).
- Sara_Jones on: FXO Adapter for UniFi VoIP
- esseph on: FXo ports adapter for Unifi VoIP
- andrisskudra on: UniFi VoIP Cloud Platform 3rd Party Trunk
- jase03 on: Request: FreePBX Endpoint Manager Integration/Support
- ronaldklng on: Asterisk API Integration (Manage phone, create extensions)
- R4V3R on: Phone with a small screen and without Android
- depasseg on: OpenDNS support
- rsarnold1s on: URGENT REQUEST: "3-way calling"
- mathvm on: Hotspot fields 'optimisation'
- RV-Agencia on: Label incoming calls with which SIP Account has been dialled
- Support characters in "Authentication Name"
- Email alert when failover
- Silence Ring
- Don't run Linux controller as root
- Phone book sync with CardDAV server
- Lock icon as an indicator for encrypted call
- Option for Long DTMF Tones
- Unifi controller voip - multiple feature request
- FXO Adapter for UniFi VoIP
- Cloudkey-like VoIP Controller