Kudos: 1
Accepted Solution

Touchscreen calibration issue

[ Edited ]

Hi Ubiquiti,

On a UniFi-Pro telephone, i have to click approx. 0,5cm above each item to tap it. This is not giving a good user experience. I have reset the device to factory settings and i just did a upgrade to the latest version one day before (maybe causing the issue). It worked fine for the last month, but now it just does not register the tapping on the location where it occurs.

Is there an calibration application available? What todo?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Previous Employee
Kudos: 760
Solutions: 334
Contributions: 16

Re: Touchscreen calibration issue

@ArendE and @Mtec,

Sorry for the late response. If the calibration app did not fix your issues please send me a PM for further instructions.

Thanks,
Devin
Devin B.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Previous Employee

[ Edited ]

Give this app a try: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=redpi.apps.touchscreencalibration&hl=en

This is the first I have heard of the calibration being off on the UVP. Is there any others experiencing this issue?

Devin B.

[ Edited ]

Hi Devin,

Thanks for your quick reply. I tried the app, but it does not change anything (except show allot of ads). The app just shows some random coordinates after pressing a big button showing a percentage. 

Some addition, if i press the lowest part (0,5cm) of the touchscreen, i get the volume changing slider instead of the back, home or appswitch action. Something is just not set right.

Previous Employee

I will get back with you shortly. I am consulting with the devs about the issue to see if there is anything they suggest trying to fix the issue.

While I am doing that is there anything else amiss on this device, besides the touchscreen calibration is off?

Thanks,
Devin
Devin B.

[ Edited ]

Hi Devin,

Everything else seem to work perfectly. Note for the tech guys, i did a hard reset (holding the mute button on boot and resetting to factory settings) and also via the software menu (settings->backup and reset->factory data reset). Both did not work. Device is running software version 4.6.6.489. 

Awaiting your answer!

Previous Employee

Thanks I will get back with you shortly.
Devin B.
Kudos: 54
Solutions: 6

I would like to know if a calibration tool can be included in the future releases for UVP. That's typically a part of any android tablet/phone on the market. Right now, when I'm typing in things I just have to know to press a little to the left to hit the letter I want or the button/field I want to press on.

Certified UEWA / UBRSS
Previous Employee

@ArendE and @Mtec,

Sorry for the late response. If the calibration app did not fix your issues please send me a PM for further instructions.

Thanks,
Devin
Devin B.

@UBNT-Devin @ArendE, the calibration app that was linked in this thread worked great for me. Much easier to type in sip account details now! I typically have to do that several times throughout the day to test customer registrations/dial plans/etc. 

Certified UEWA / UBRSS
Previous Employee

@UBNT-Devin,

Yep, I was referring to this thread and I used the app you gave us the link for in your earlier comments. It worked for me and is much more accurate now. I was asking if a calibration tool was going to be included in the future releases of the Android OS or as an add-on. 

Certified UEWA / UBRSS
Previous Employee

We don't have any future plans to include such applications pre-installed, however I will mark this thread as solved by using the Calibration Application linked above.

Thanks,
Devin
Devin B.

Hi @UBNT-Devin,

I've send you a PM.

Previous Employee

Responded to your PM.

Thanks,
Devin
Devin B.

I'm having exactly the same issue but my problem seems to be localised to the bottom of the screen.

Half way down the screen is around one finger out but is fine up the top of the screen.

I have upgraded to latest versions and tried multiple calibration apps. Nothing seems to work.

Devin have you found a fix or something i can try?

I have the same issue - screen is so out of whack I can't even get to the home screen to find a calibration app.  And, my bottom bar is unusable at all.  Nothing works.  

Ideas please?

Kudos: 71

same Issue on my Phone...

who can help?

Kudos: 74

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem. Cannot login to google play to download calibration app because it's impossible to type login credentials to into google play store. 

Steps taken: Software upgrade to latest firmware, hard reset using mute button on handset.

Ashland, Oregon Columbia Hotel and Palm Hotel Unifi Wifi Installer
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 214
Solutions: 58

@dihewidd wrote:

I have the same problem. Cannot login to google play to download calibration app because it's impossible to type login credentials to into google play store. 

Steps taken: Software upgrade to latest firmware, hard reset using mute button on handset.

Ill be reaching out to you per DM.

Thanks,

Jeff

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Team
"I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only make them think." - Socrates

Hi UBNT-JaM,

@UBNT-JaM wrote:

@dihewidd wrote:

Ill be reaching out to you per DM.

Thanks,

Jeff