Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

2 UAPs are not being discovered

Hello all,

I have running setup with 4 UAPs for over a year, the same time I bought another 2 UAPs but they were on stock.

Lately I tried to connect them to the network but they are not discovered by the UniFi Discovery Utility.

I checked on the DHCP server and they do not get IP address also, so maybe this is the problem, but I dont know how to solve it.

After factory reset they become Amber (after blinking Amber) so they are awaiting adoption.

Also I tried with different network, different router/dhcp server and Controller and it's the same. So seems like they cannot get IP address from DHCP.

Anyone has any ideas please let me know, I'm not sure if I should already send them back for replacement.

Thanks in advance!

Aleks

Accepted Solutions
Kudos: 3011
Solutions: 810

Re: 2 UAPs are not being discovered

Hello @Ughil,

Make sure the cables are correct, have you tried swapping the UAPs with the working ones?

What model UAPs are they and what controller version are you running?

Have you tried a TFTP recovery?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hello @Ughil,

Make sure the cables are correct, have you tried swapping the UAPs with the working ones?

What model UAPs are they and what controller version are you running?

Have you tried a TFTP recovery?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
Solutions: 1

I replaced the cable and now it shows up as Pending for adoption.

Thanks Glenn for hint. Fixed.

Hello @Ughil,

Awesome, thanks for reporting back!

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG