Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Kudos: 33
Solutions: 9
Accepted Solution

3.2.1 Map upload failing

Somtime in my 3.1.x testing the Map Dissapeared on my server, its still in the list, just displays as plain white, and can't place APs on it.  Even after updated to 3.2.1 I cannot upload a new map.  I don't get any errors, it just doesn't show in the list.  I have tried .jpg, .png, .bmp from IE 11, Firefox 30, and Chrome 35.  I have tried both from my Home PC (windows 8.1), My Windows Home Server (2011), and My work laptop (Windows 8.1 Enterprise).  UniFi is actually runnign on a FreeSBD 10p5 server, with Openjdk 7.60.19 and MongoDB 2.6.1.

But nothing works, does anybody have any ideas?

Is there a speceific size limit / format that I need to use? 

Or perhaps my database is corrupted and I need to restart from fresh install and enter settings rather than restoring backup?

I have attached the .jpg file that I am trying to use, its a very basic image of a floor plan.

House Floor Plan.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: 3.2.1 Map upload failing

[ Edited ]

Well I finally gave in today, took a bunch of screenshots of all my settings, deleted the directory on my server and reinstalled.

After which I was able to upload the map image using Firefox without any problems.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Kudos: 308
Solutions: 2
Contributions: 1

Are you redirecting ports via NAT? I had an issue where I NAT WANIP:443 to INTERNALSERVERIP:8843. It wouldn't take any map upload. I then also opened and NATed WANIP:8843 to INTERNALSERVERIP:8843 and it worked. For whatever reason the map uploading needed to be on port 8843.

No NAT is used, both machines are on the same local subnet.

Kudos: 27
Solutions: 6

I was having the same issue when using Firefox, switched to Chrome and it worked fine.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Well I finally gave in today, took a bunch of screenshots of all my settings, deleted the directory on my server and reinstalled.

After which I was able to upload the map image using Firefox without any problems.

Kudos: 1
Solutions: 1

I had exactly the same issue, as soon as I opened all the ports I was able to upload my own maps. In my case I have the controller installed on a EC2 instance.

Adrian

Emerging Member
Kudos: 7

I do have same problem. Any manipulation with map(s) is impossible too (add, delete,...).

It looks like something in database is wrong.

[2014-09-25 08:38:45,292] <http-bio-8443-exec-6> ERROR [ApiServlet] - Servlet.service() for servlet [ApiServlet] in context with path [/] threw exception
com.mongodb.MongoException: Index with name: files_id_1_n_1 already exists with different options
        at com.mongodb.CommandResult.getException(CommandResult.java:100)
        at com.mongodb.CommandResult.throwOnError(CommandResult.java:134)
        at com.mongodb.DBTCPConnector._checkWriteError(DBTCPConnector.java:142)
        at com.mongodb.DBTCPConnector.say(DBTCPConnector.java:183)
        at com.mongodb.DBTCPConnector.say(DBTCPConnector.java:155)
        at com.mongodb.DBApiLayer$MyCollection.insert(DBApiLayer.java:270)
        at com.mongodb.DBApiLayer$MyCollection.createIndex(DBApiLayer.java:365)
        at com.mongodb.DBCollection.createIndex(DBCollection.java:484)
        at com.mongodb.DBCollection.ensureIndex(DBCollection.java:560)
        at com.mongodb.gridfs.GridFS.<init>(GridFS.java:97)
        at com.ubnt.oOOO.Object.C.o00000(Unknown Source)
        at com.ubnt.oOOO.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.B.o00000(Unknown Source)
        at com.ubnt.ace.api.ooOO.super(Unknown Source)
        at com.ubnt.ace.api.ApiServlet.service(Unknown Source)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
        at com.ubnt.ace.view.AuthFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:222)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123)
        at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:581)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:99)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:407)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1004)
        at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:589)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:312)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1146)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:701)
[2014-09-25 08:38:48,759] <http-bio-8443-exec-3> ERROR [ApiServlet] - Servlet.service() for servlet [ApiServlet] in context with path [/] threw exception
com.mongodb.MongoException: Index with name: files_id_1_n_1 already exists with different options
        at com.mongodb.CommandResult.getException(CommandResult.java:100)
        at com.mongodb.CommandResult.throwOnError(CommandResult.java:134)
        at com.mongodb.DBTCPConnector._checkWriteError(DBTCPConnector.java:142)
        at com.mongodb.DBTCPConnector.say(DBTCPConnector.java:183)
        at com.mongodb.DBTCPConnector.say(DBTCPConnector.java:155)
        at com.mongodb.DBApiLayer$MyCollection.insert(DBApiLayer.java:270)
        at com.mongodb.DBApiLayer$MyCollection.createIndex(DBApiLayer.java:365)
        at com.mongodb.DBCollection.createIndex(DBCollection.java:484)
        at com.mongodb.DBCollection.ensureIndex(DBCollection.java:560)
        at com.mongodb.gridfs.GridFS.<init>(GridFS.java:97)
        at com.ubnt.oOOO.Object.C.o00000(Unknown Source)
        at com.ubnt.oOOO.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.B.o00000(Unknown Source)
        at com.ubnt.ace.api.ooOO.super(Unknown Source)
        at com.ubnt.ace.api.ApiServlet.service(Unknown Source)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
        at com.ubnt.ace.view.AuthFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:222)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123)
        at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:581)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:99)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:407)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1004)
        at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:589)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:312)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1146)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:701)

Emerging Member
Kudos: 7

solution - erase offending index .Do not forgot to backup database first!

1) stop unifi

2) start mongod with path to unifi mongo database dir

3) open mongo shell, than:

use ace

db.map.chunks.dropIndex("files_id_1_n_1")

4) start unifi

...thats it