Kudos: 1

Re: 5.5.24 Controller - disconnected clients showing as connected

Fixed it!

I installed a new machine, on a 64-bit platform (had a 32-bit before).

Runnig Ubuntu, as before, i followed the instruction for the Controller installation.

Made a backup of my current system.

Restored that backup on the new machine, and now everything is working like a charm!

Kudos: 322
Solutions: 27

I have this problem on 5.6.23 on a Cloud Key. It's been a problem on and off since 5.5.x. If I reset and restore settings only this will correct the problem, but it comes back after some time.

I have been having the same problem, currently using 5.6.26 but it also happened on and off with older versions. Controller is running on up to date raspbian on Pi3.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 35

Also have this issue on 5.6.29.. Any idea when it be be fixed?

I wish my AP-LR could handle 561 clients Man Happy

total clients.PNG

I thought I fixed this by restoring a backup (settings only) to the controller, but today I see some clients again who are definitely not connected... currently on 5.6.29

Same issue here on 5.6.29

Emerging Member
Kudos: 45
Solutions: 2

I have made clean install on debian 9 and restored backup. It seems the problem is gone, I havent seen that happening so far.

Kudos: 15

HI all,

I have the same problem. Clients remain "connected". However I have 5 cloud keys at different sites and it appears only to be happeining on one of my sites, the largest one. Very strange, the cloud keys are all on version 5.6.30.

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys,

I've just installed 5.7.20sc and having this. I guess issue can be related to logged-in guests, becuase it appeared since I set up a Guest Portal and all the devices were logged-in by the portal, remain in the client list after disconnection. Weird, but the controller shows them connected non to an AP but to the USG. The picture below was created after 5 hours of disconnection.

Képernyőfotó 2018-03-23 - 18.35.05.png

Update: For me restarting the USG solved the problem!

Update: Issue has just got back. Some config detais: There is guest portal run by controller (built in with some customization), extreme long auth expiration (20000 days - I’d like to make one time login per device)

Emerging Member
Kudos: 35

I only have AP's and it's still a issue, every single day.

The stats the controller give is currently useless until Ubiquiti admits/resolves that this is a bug.

Kudos: 322
Solutions: 27

[ Edited ]

Paging @UBNT-APieper

i haven't had this personally since my last post about it. I have never used the guest portal option either, but I do use guest network features. My suggestion is if you're not getting feedback on the forum, open a support chat while the problem is occurring. You'll get help right away. The solution may not be immediate, but when they solve it you can post back here.

Question for the rest of you. Are you using any non-UniFi switches? I used to have a small netgear switch at one location on my network but removed that some time ago. I'm uncertain of the timing however. I just know that I haven't had this problem for a while.

Hello all,

I can confirm that the problem is not only with the guest option enabled. I don't have any SSID with guest option and I'm still having problems with the counting of clients. When I really wanna know the real number of connected clients, I have to reboot my server. =/

Let's wait for some good tip for this problem. ;-)

Emerging Member
Kudos: 45
Solutions: 2

Mine was fixed when I moved controller to another server, which I needed to upgrade anyway. I've also had issue with controller's web interface stop responding quite often. It used to stay up and running for couple of days, then it became unavailable. Only way to solve this was rebooting whole server. 

So my tip would be - install new server, make config backup and restore on fresh server. After that my controller works perfect now.

I have the same problem, controller version 5.7.23, USG 4.4.21.5080343.

Hi Guys,

Issue has disappeared since upgraded to 5.7.23 Controller and 4.4.22 USG FW!

Support was fine! Thanks UBNT team!

Rgds,

G.

Recently completely removed unifi software from my rPi and reinstalled using config only backup. Problem disappeared for a while but is back now. Running 5.7.23. This is getting extremely annoying!

I have this same issue. Trying to use Unifi for presence detection, but our phones keep popping back up as online in the controller - although not connected to the AP, connected to the USG.  They never fall off.

USG 4.4.22.5086045

AP-LC-AR 3.9.27.8537

Controller 5.7.23.0

I do have a non-Unifi dumb switch between my USG, devices, and AP.  Maybe that's the issue?

Controller 5.7.23 : Still have this problem.