Highlighted

[AC Mesh Pro AP] Office network on main port and guest network on secondary

We purchased an AC Mesh Pro AP for our office along with several UAP-AC-M access points. The AC Mesh Pro AP is our wireless uplink and plugged into both of our Meraki security devices. I am trying to figure out how to configure a wireless network to use each port. We want to use the main port for the office WiFi and the secondary port for the guest WiFi. The LAN/LAN2 port selection shows that a Unifi security gateway is required, but the default network has LAN selected. This is confusing because I can connect to the staff network, but can't connect to the guest network.

Is a unifi security gateway required to accomplish this or am I missing something in the config?

Established Member
Kudos: 561
Solutions: 182

Re: [AC Mesh Pro AP] Office network on main port and guest network on secondary

Emerging Member
Kudos: 28
Solutions: 2

You need to use vlan's. You can not use the prots in the way you want. They are just bridged ports.

Kudos: 1370
Solutions: 411

[ Edited ]

Hello @liamelliott,

Welcome to the community!

You can only use VLANs on the ports of the UAP AC IW ( PRO ) or UAP IW HD

Regards,

Glenn R.

Professional Services | Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation Scripts | UniFi Easy Update Script | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2 • UCK