AC Pro discovery. AP not showing

Hi everybody.

I wanted to change some settings on my ap last night and it was showing as disconnected from the controller.  I could not get t to show up as connected and decided to remove it and then reset it back up.

The trouble is it does not show up on the controller to adopt it.  It gets an ip address.  I used ssh and logged in did the syswraper to restore it to default and then followed that up with set-inform command and it still does not show up.  It also does not show up on the phone ap.  The only place I can find it is with the chrome app.  But you have to push the unifi family button in the top right.

It is showing there with the correct details but you can not adopt from there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kudos: 4494
Solutions: 1167

Re: AC Pro discovery. AP not showing

Hello @jonkers,

Make sure port 8080/tcp is open in the firewall of the controller device.

Than SSH into the UAp and set-inform to the controller.

set-inform http://ip.of.the.controller:8080/inform

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

I had disabled the firewall and done as you said but after a restart the firewall had turned back on and I had missed it.  

opened the port port now and found it straight away.  Just thought it was something else as it was showing up in the chrome app. 

Kudos: 4494
Solutions: 1167

Hello @jonkers,

Port 8080/tcp is required for the inform, thats why you need it open.

Glad I was able to help Man Happy

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK