Kudos: 3

AP-AC-Lite White Light no IP

I am literally ready to chuck this puck out the window. I have an AP-AC-Lite that has been working just fine for a couple months now. I recently shutdown my home network because of a storm that was passing through. Once it was over I booted everything back up. Everything came back up fine except for the AP...it showed that it was disconnected. After having no luck with rebooting it (still showed disconnected), I decided to forget it...and my plan was to re-adopt in the controller. Problem is is that it never came back, just a solid blue light with a blink every 5 seconds. I then tried resetting it...so now it's just a solid white light. Still doesn't show up anywhere, or broadcasts anything. I tried two different debian controllers and 1 windows controller (5.4.16 and 5.5.11). Tried the windows discovery tool...no luck. Even ran an nmap scan of the whole network to see if it was pulling an IP address, but no dice.

My setup consists of the USG Pro 4  -> 8-port Tp-Link Managed switch -> POE injector (the one that came with the ap)  -> AP

I tried different cables, also tried plugging the injector into the second LAN port directly on the router. All the devices (except the AP) that are plugged into the switch show up just fine on client list on the controller. 

So yeah...I am at my wits end here.

Established Member
Kudos: 115
Solutions: 23

Re: AP-AC-Lite White Light no IP

Does the accesspoint get a IP address? I see you ran NMAP but I think it would make more sence checking the DHCP server. Are you using VLAN's? Did you use the discovery tool on a client directly connected to the USG?

If it gets an IP address you can try to reset it through the cli (use Putty for instance) and can try to set the inform address. Commands can be found on this forum, but you probably already know that Man Happy

Controller (5.10.19): CK 0.13.4
Unifi (4.0.24.10010): UAP-AC-IW-Pro, UAP-AC-LR, UAP-AC-M & USW8-60W (4.0.21.9965)

Better WiFi coverage is not achieved by increasing transmission power, but by increasing the number of accesspoints.

As far as I can tell, the ap is not getting an IP. If the client list on the unifi controller is the dhcp server, then no, it is definitely not listed in there. I am not using any VLans at all...when I switched controllers I had to reset the router so it's at it's most basic settings with a 192.168.1.0/24 network. I just tried using the discovery tool on a client directly connected the USG...still nothing. 

Established Member
Kudos: 115
Solutions: 23

I'm not familiar with the USG, it will probably show a list of all leases somewhere. Have you tried changing network cable?

Controller (5.10.19): CK 0.13.4
Unifi (4.0.24.10010): UAP-AC-IW-Pro, UAP-AC-LR, UAP-AC-M & USW8-60W (4.0.21.9965)

Better WiFi coverage is not achieved by increasing transmission power, but by increasing the number of accesspoints.

So I think I made some progress. I didn't realize that you can't have the same network on the both the LAN ports on the USG. So what I ended up creating a test network and linking it to LAN2 on the USG. I plugged the AP directly on LAN 2 and it almost immediately popped up in the controller and provisioned successfully. Since because it was on the wrong network, I deleted the the test network and plugged it back into the switch. Now it is a solid blue light blinking every 5 seconds. So now I am up to that point....I am thinking it is just not liking the switch for some reason. 

So I finally got it, it is now working, and I now understand what exactly happened....Last month I tagged a port on my switch to a vlan...it didn't really work the way I wanted it to so I changed it back and later plugged my AP into that port. Then when I had restarted the network after the storm, the switch for some reason loaded the old config file from when I had tagged that port to a vlan. So essentially it was trying to put the AP on a non-existant vlan. With that said.....I have something to say.

I am sorry Ubiquiti for cursing your name for the past day trying to get your product to work, when really in the end it wasn't your product's fault at all. I feel like I tarnished your name in my fit of rage, and for that I am deeply/regretfully sorry. If there is any way I can redeem myself to the networking gods, please let me know. Also I am very thankful for the quick responses on this thread.