Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 292
Solutions: 9

Re: AP-Pro keeps rebooting / disconnecting every day

@steveclarke0703 you can power a few of the AP's with their PoE injectors instead of the switch, and see if those AP's stay on when the others get rebooted.  If so, you've found the source of the reboot.

Maybe you've already mentioned it, but what switch are you using to power them?  

If you'd like to try our latest features, consider signing up for beta: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/204908664-How-To-Sign-Up-for-Beta-Access

If you're trying to debug a network issue, take a look at this help article: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/221029967-UniFi-Debugging-Intermittent-Connectivity-Issues-on-your-UAP

Hi 

I 'cuuld' use an injector to try that out but pretty sure it won't work. 

This is because I went back to a single AP at one point and still got restarts so adding the two extra AP's hasn't made any difference good or bad.

The switch being used is a 16 port 150 W switch.

If I have to go using injectors, then the whole solution is pointless because I got it because its POE based, especially the switch.

Ubqiuiti seem to think its the switch and are supposedly sending a new one (a guess i think) and if that makes no difference they'll have to actually put some time into investigating why this issue is happening since a switch of this type should be able to power 3 measly AP's. 

Lets see what happens, if the new switch ever arrives. Been waiting 2 weeks already, been told it could be another 2. 

Solutions: 1

Maybe's it's a good idea to first find out what the problem really is, If the problem has been found, the solution is not far away. If they all reboot or loose connection the same time, it looks like a common issue, therefore Ben's suggestion is a good one to get one step closer to the solution.

Wow. What a brillaint idea !!!!!

No, wait, i already suggested that to Ubiquiti Tier 3 support. They can't be bothered doing 'root cause analysis' in situ despite me giving them nothing sort of 3-4 dozen log files, screen shots, console logs and so on and so forth. I also documented clearly to them ALL the troubleshooting steps I took over some weeks and they didn't seem to want to respond to much of it.

They think its the switch. So that'll be a very expensive guess if its wrong.

There's only so much troubleshooting the customer can or should do when this stuff doesn't do what is says on the tin. 

I even offered to let them tunnel in and look at it first hand, which is a big call to allow someone inside my private network. Nup, didn't want to do that either.

They want to ship another unit from the States all the way to the UK. 

So when they guess it wrong, we'll have to go back through it all over again. 

Fun.

It is interesting this.

Recently received this brochure with my new AP .

Notice whats missing from the product line ??? the very 16 port switch that i (and other customers) are having problems with.

Wonder if its no longer available for this reason ?

IMG_6461.jpg
IMG_6460.jpg
Ubiquiti Employee

@steveclarke0703 It's easy to isolate the switch as the source of the reboots by bypassing it as the power source and instead use the PoE injectors as I requested before (and maybe support asked the same question).  Have you done that?

If you'd like to try our latest features, consider signing up for beta: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/204908664-How-To-Sign-Up-for-Beta-Access

If you're trying to debug a network issue, take a look at this help article: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/221029967-UniFi-Debugging-Intermittent-Connectivity-Issues-on-your-UAP

Yes I agree that would be a good idea and is easy to do.

But the injector supplied with my AP LR doesn't work. Tried it on several configurations but no go. So gave up. 

Ubiquiti will have to solve the problem 

Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee

@steveclarke0703 the injector doesn't work how?  It doesn't power the AP?

It's extremely unlikely that 3 out of 3 PoE injectors (IIRC you have 3 AP's) don't work.  Getting one that works and using it to test is still an easy step to take.

Kudos: 143
Solutions: 5

LR and Pro injectors may be different? 24v and 48v?

They're not different.

The voltage required to supply POE is the same across all products. 

Interestingly, a complete power down of the switch last nigt followed by a cold starrt resulted in 12.5 hours of uptime before the AP's recycled again. So far they've been up over 3 hours.

Same test was applied beginning of the week where, after a cold restart, we had over 24 hours of uptime.

So the switch clearly is having some 'issues' with its power management of devices as this seems to deteriorate over time, which they are not supposed to do.