Emerging Member
Kudos: 18
Solutions: 1

AP disconnects during Auto Backup

The title says it all.

disconnects-2.pngAuto Backupdisconnects-1.pngAP disconnect

The controller version is 5.4.11. Any ideas?

Emerging Member
Kudos: 18

Re: AP disconnects during Auto Backup

[ Edited ]

Also this:

Connected devices keeps disconnecting og reconnecting. (Thread from USG section.)

Events - disconnects.png

This problem started when upgrading the USG to v4.3.33. But it seems to still be a problem now with v4.3.34 and Controller v5.4.11.

Kudos: 14

I have the same problem. I run an auto backup every night at 3:00 am and i have 3 sites that show all AP's disconnected when the backup runs.

However... my controller manages several large sites and i backup the entire database complete with all history, some sites are over 2 years old. My backup file is around the 600 Mb mark so i'm presuming the backup is taking a while to run the backup and hence some of the larger sites are reporting the AP's as being disconnected while the backup is running.

+1

UniFi 5.4.11 (atag_5.4.11_9184) running on a Pi 3, and my USG and two US-8s disconnect shortly after the start of my auto-backup. Disabled auto backup and they've been rock solid. No load spike evident on the Pi 3 during the backup window.

I fixed this. The problem was I was using the Oracle JVM, which apparently isn't as good at floating point as the OpenJDK on Rasbperry Pi. Once I changed over, everything got a lot more responsive in the UI, and the auto-backup no longer causes issues.