10-22-2015 07:06 AM - edited 05-17-2016 04:53 AM
Updated info in the second post below:
Introducing a new provisioning app called "UniFi AC EasySetup". It is an alternative method for configuring the new UniFi AC APs (Lite/LR/Pro). The app is designed for anyone who wants to control their new UAPs right away without configuring a controller. It is designed for basic function, more advanced configurations will require the use of the controller software.
-AP firmware must be at least 18.104.22.16831. The current stable is 22.214.171.12491 for UAP AC Lite/LR/Pro, and it is bundled in controller 4.7.6. You can upgrade APs with lower firmware versions either using controller 4.7.6 (without adoption) or via SSH (using firmware from 4.7.6 controller).
-AP does need to be physically connected to a network that provides DHCP
1. Make sure the UAP is in factory default state (solid white led)
2. You can either sign-in to your UBNT SSO/community account for backup/restore or ignore the sign-in option
3. The UAP should show up in the device list if WiFi is connected and both the device and UAP are on the same L2 network. This discovery works just like other UBNT products.
4. Alternatively, you can adopt the UAP by QR code if your device WiFi is not connected (or if it resides on another subnet), just select scan QR code from the menu.
Android users can find the app in the Google Play Store, HERE.
iOS users can find the app in the Apple App Store, HERE. There is one limitation to the iOS version listed below the video.
Here is a brief video walkthrough, where I adopt a UAP-AC-LR via QR code method:
- Eventually the name will change to UniFi EasySetup, and may include support for other UniFi devices.
- This post will be updated from time to time.
Known limitation to iOS version:
- Apps cannot control WiFi settings, as this is an iOS limitation itself. It will connect you to the helper SSID so you can provision the AC AP, but once it's provisioned you will have to manually go to Settings>WiFi and connect to the network.
02-09-2016 06:48 AM - edited 05-17-2016 04:46 AM
We've prepared a new beta of UniFi EasySetup apps.
- Added support for all UniFi AP models
- Added spectral scan
- Added Connected station list (only Android version)
- Added automatic latest available firmware version checking from ubnt.com
- We will add Connected station list to iOS version probably during this or next week.
EDIT: removed gif and links, as this post is outdated
05-17-2016 05:34 AM - edited 05-17-2016 06:16 AM
Been a while since I updated this post. Will make a point of getting release notes posted here. Attached is a gif of the current release available in the Play Store, and I'm demoing the controller mode. You can still use the app in stand alone mode.
- UX / UI improvements
- Several bug fixes
- Site selection
- RF Scanner
The latest release notes for the iOS release, 1.5, which is found in the App Store.
- Renamed app from "UniFi AC EasySetup" to "UniFi"
- Added detail views for switches, ports and phones
- Added RF environment overview for supported AP devices
We've also created a feature request section, found HERE.
Do note that this post is about the public release. If you wish to view details about the beta releases, please see THIS thread. If you have trouble accessing that post, then please see THIS article, detailing how to sign up for beta access.