12-01-2018 12:05 AM
Oh, when im on the same Network like the Controller i can connect to it over the Android App.
Also when im on Mobile Data (LTE) its working ...
When i'm at home (Controller is at Business Network) it cant connect.
12-02-2018 03:55 PM
I've had this exact problem ever since I installed my brand new Unifi gear a few days ago. Unifi controller is version 5.9.29. App version is 1.7.5.
12-14-2018 01:18 AM
I have just released the new App BETA version. It has better remote connection logging capability. For these who has the problem to connect to the controller remotely. Can you please try to install this BETA version and let me know what error do you see? There is the "Report Key" code at the bottom of the "Account" screen. Please provide me whit this code as well. It will help me to investigate this issue. For subscribing to the Google Play BETA channel you need to click to this link https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.ubnt.easyunifi.
12-14-2018 04:15 AM
12-14-2018 04:15 PM
I've just re-tested on 1.7.5 (10705050), in preparation of installing the beta and I'm no longer experiencing the issue. My controller is loading via the cloud on both the T-Mobile and Sprint networks on my Pixel 2.
12-15-2018 03:57 AM - edited 12-15-2018 04:00 AM
On 3 in the UK and its been an issue ever since 5.9.29 came out - perhaps a coincidence, dunno.
How I "fix" it when it occurs is to turn wifi on phone off, try to connect (it will) then disconnect and turn wifi back on. It'll work from that point until the phone loses the wifi signal for the specific SSID but it won't work again on that SSID without turning wifi on and off. It will however work on a different wifi network (different SSID) without doing that but again when it leaves that network it won't work again on that SSID without cycling the phone's wifi. Edit - both WLANs are Unifi & on 5.9.29/latest UAP/USW/USG f/w.
I'm not sure whether that applies to the cellular data as well (I don't have the tools or inclination to test it) in terms of roaming between cells.
Like I said this started pretty much the day 5.9.29 was put in the stable repo but whether there were back-end cloud/SSO changes made around that time I have no idea.
12-15-2018 04:47 AM
Just tried this with the Protect app & it fails to connect (says no internet connection) first time when connection switches from WLAN to cellular data. On retry it works fine. NB the app isn't open when change of WAN address takes place.
Is there some common code between the two apps dealing with networks/SSO? Just seems like similar behaviour to me.
12-17-2018 12:40 AM
There was an outage in some third-party service we are using for WebRTC connection negotiation. It should be working again now. @mak-uk That's not good :-/ I need some error to get a crash report and be able to analyze what happened here. I will try to add connection timeout to the next version.
12-18-2018 06:28 AM - edited 12-18-2018 06:29 AM
FWIW when the app does fail it will invariably hang - Android (7) will popup a dialogue box saying the app isn't responding and all you can do is kill the process.
12-18-2018 12:17 PM
I didn't realise there was another update of the Beta App.
Updated and tried again. It still fails to connect but this time I get the following message:
'Unexpected error while logging in! (TImeout)' RETRY