Scheduled maintenance: Community will be offline Monday June 17th, 1:00 AM - 6:00 AM (PT)
Kudos: 10

Any progress on the WIPS Features Promised for the SHD/XG/BasestationXG Products? Possible Timeline?

So far Rogue AP dectection is the only feature set of the security radio. Keyword is detection, So WIDS only but even then that would be a stretch to market that? has there been any progress on WIPS Features? and Can we Possibly Get a timeline on when we can expect the feaure to be active?

I noticed your product spec sheets have changed the devices descriptions and features dropping off the BLE and advertised full functional WIPS. The fact that Ubiquiti has been Deleting posts, locking and hiding threads if they reference this is inexcusable. Can we can any feedback from someone representing Ubiquiti?

Emerging Member
Kudos: 135
Solutions: 3

Re: Any progress on the WIPS Features Promised for the SHD/XG/BasestationXG Products? Possible Timel

[ Edited ]

As it is you should consider WIDS/WIPS as not present/removed forever from the datasheets. If you bought the device for that purpose and you are still in the return period ship it back and ask for a refund. The sole feature i'm seeing the "security" radio added in this lifetime is RF scanning without service interruption.

Kudos: 2

Re: Any progress on the WIPS Features Promised for the SHD/XG/BasestationXG Products? Possible Timel

I was reading another thread (https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Wireless-Beta/SHD-Update/td-p/2513452) where the rogue AP detection on the security radio was enabled in firmware 4.0.3, plus the 4.0.9 firmware actually had the same comment. Is there anyway to see this enabled? I have 1 XG a bunch of SHDs that I manage, so would like to confirm if it's enabled/working or not?

Emerging Member
Kudos: 135
Solutions: 3

@rth rogue ap detection barely registers in the wids/wips list of features(it's on all unifi ap). Anyhow, if you want to test it set up a non-unifi ap with the same ssid of your unifi ap.