Emerging Member
Kudos: 5

Re: Authentication on Captive portal via Facebook?

For anyone looking to do this and struggling with the access IPs there is a great whois service that lets you see all the ips facebook is using. You can parse this list and using the UniFi API add it to the unifi controller. 

the list can be obtained using whois command in the terminal. 

whois -h whois.radb.net '!gAS32934'

Get real-time information about customers. Track new / return visits, identify peak visit times and create a customer mailing list.

Seamless software integration with the UniFi Cloud Controller for guest authentication and customer analytics (no flashing required) Check it out

I got to show the fb login box. DOes anybody knows how to get the guest approved by unifi controller?

Veteran Member
Kudos: 1313
Solutions: 229

@pedrobando wrote:

I got to show the fb login box. DOes anybody knows how to get the guest approved by unifi controller?

As per my reply to your question in the other thread; if you are using PHP, have a look at the PHP API client which I maintain. See my signature for links. It's actually quite easy.

Art of WiFi
Check out our UniFi API browser tool on GitHub. The PHP API client which it uses, can be found here on GitHub.
The thread on our UniFi Device Search tool can be found here, also check out our Captive Portal solutions for UniFi.

Im more an UI guy. I managed to install the tool. However I am kind of lost here.

Once guest logins with fb I send it to this file to authenticate? or should I copy it to my portal?

Thanks in advanced!

Kudos: 45
Solutions: 4

You could always go for an existing solution like mine Man Wink Its open source and you are more than welcomed to contribute to it. Would love some UI improvements. 

External Portal supporting Facebook Login and Email collection

http://www.spotipo.com

https://discuss.spotipo.com

I would love to set up something exactly like the screeshots you have posted for several locations that I manage. I would appreciate a PM if you get the chance.

Veteran Member
Kudos: 1313
Solutions: 229

@FCRepair wrote:

I would love to set up something exactly like the screeshots you have posted for several locations that I manage. I would appreciate a PM if you get the chance.

@FCRepair Welcome to these forums. Who are you asking? By using the ampersand you can "ping" someone, you also probably don't yet have PM capabilities.

Art of WiFi
Check out our UniFi API browser tool on GitHub. The PHP API client which it uses, can be found here on GitHub.
The thread on our UniFi Device Search tool can be found here, also check out our Captive Portal solutions for UniFi.
Kudos: 2

FYI, Ubiquiti has released Facebook WiFi and Google+ integration in the latest beta firmware. KB here:

https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000871247
Kudos: 3

@krisdphillips, are you sure that's Facebook WiFi and not just Facebook login? I looked at the link you provided and I believe it's the latter.

[ Edited ]

My portal does not work, port 8880 is opening, but when i connect to my wifi hotspot, it showed this error: http://52.170.215.162:8880/guest/s/default/?id=64:66:b3:0d:16:25&ap=80:2a:a8:43:f1:83&t=1506323668&u...

Can i use the external portal for this? i want to customize all in my external site

unifi.JPGunifi2.JPGunifi3.JPG

hi nobody here?

Highlighted
Kudos: 1

First post, hello forum! First time using Ubiquiti products, kind of anyway!

Great products with great features.

Just setup the facebook hotspot and it works like a treat. Once you have built the facebook app, the rest is pretty simple, and we can get guest clients First Name, Surname and email address in the Hotspot Manager which is exactly what we wanted!