Automatically Authorize Clients on Guest Network/VLAN

Basically, I don't want to go into my unifi and have to authorize every guest.

Automatically Authorize.jpg

My guest network is a VLAN set up in pfSense.  My main network is on the 192.168.X.X and the guest network is on the 172.16.X.X.  I've gone into Settings -> Guest Control -> Access Control and pre-authorized the 172.16.X.X but when I try to log on, I get this...

Screenshot_20190110-210056.png

Of course, my controler is on the 192.168.X.X network, so I believe that's why this is coming up instead of the splash screen.  I've added the 192.168.X.X network to the pre-authorized with no luck.  The only thing I could find that is close is this article on setting up guest network, but it doesn't really help. 

help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000166827-UniFi-Wireless-Guest-Network-Setup   

The end goal is to have my guests log in, be automatically authroized and have my spash screen come up.  What am I missing here?  

Veteran Member
Kudos: 1289
Solutions: 224

Re: Automatically Authorize Clients on Guest Network/VLAN

@ARAMP1 The guest are currently blocked from accessing the controller by rules on your pfsense box, not by a UniFi device. Besides the pre-auth access entry which in your case is used by the APs, you will also need to allow access from the guest VLAN to the controller in pfsense. From memory ports 8880 and 8843 should be open.

Art of WiFi
Check out our UniFi API browser tool on GitHub. The PHP API client which it uses, can be found here on GitHub.
The thread on our UniFi Device Search tool can be found here, also check out our Captive Portal solutions for UniFi.
Highlighted

Re: Automatically Authorize Clients on Guest Network/VLAN

Appriciate the quick response.  I'll give it a shot this weekend when I get home from work.  If I turn off the splash screen everything works as it should, so it's not that big of a deal.  Thanks again.