Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

Cannot adopt and update AP

[ Edited ]

Every AP i currently have is on version 3.7.58.6385 and I am not able to adopt and upgrade from this SDN(5.10.9).  The device is a cloudkey gen 2 plus currently on latest firmware.

Is there a known issues?  I can take the AP to a different cloudkey gen 2 plus with the same version and everything works fine.  

Capture.JPG

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cannot adopt and update AP

Thank you.  However I used the following prodcedures to upgrade the AP's.  I had to get them to latest version before I could adopt them.  thanks for the help!

Windows Users:

1. Download the program WinSCP. This will allow a SCP session over SSH with a folder structure GUI. Use the SSH credentials to login into the UniFi Device. 

2. Download the bin file from our Downloads page.

3. Move the .bin file to the device's /tmp/ folder by dragging and dropping the file, rename file to fwupdate.bin.

4. Connect via SSH and issue the following command to initiate a local upgrade.

syswrapper.sh upgrade2 &

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Kudos: 4557
Solutions: 1185

Hello @nwkitsolutions,

SSH into the UAP and manually upgrade it.

Follow the upgrade path below:

3.7.58 > 3.9.54 > 4.0.21

You can use these commands to upgrade.

wget <firmware_binary_link_location> -O /tmp/fwupdate.bin
syswrapper.sh upgrade2 &

or

curl <firmware_binary_link_location> -o /tmp/fwupdate.bin
syswrapper.sh upgrade2 &

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

Is this using TFTP from ssh?

Not sure on this process.  Do i simply copy the commands you posted?

Hello @nwkitsolutions,

Not this isn't a TFTP Recovery...

Copy the commands and replace <firmware_binary_link_location> with the firmware binary link location located on the firmware release blog posts.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x

Thank you.  However I used the following prodcedures to upgrade the AP's.  I had to get them to latest version before I could adopt them.  thanks for the help!

Windows Users:

1. Download the program WinSCP. This will allow a SCP session over SSH with a folder structure GUI. Use the SSH credentials to login into the UniFi Device. 

2. Download the bin file from our Downloads page.

3. Move the .bin file to the device's /tmp/ folder by dragging and dropping the file, rename file to fwupdate.bin.

4. Connect via SSH and issue the following command to initiate a local upgrade.

syswrapper.sh upgrade2 &

Hello @nwkitsolutions,

It's the exactly same way but then using WinSCP.

Anyway, glad it worked!

Regards,

Glenn R.