Kudos: 611
Solutions: 4

Re: Cannot connect to unifi controller using cloud service

@sanyo20 I would recommend sending an email to support@ubnt.com for this issue like I did.  The more people that make them aware of it, the better.  I have a feeling it's a bug in their web service.

Thanks!

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1146
Solutions: 232

@begunfx @sanyo20 I have notified our UniFi team about this, we will look into the issue you are seeing and let you know.

Thanks @UBNT-Jordan much appreciated. 

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 18
Solutions: 2

Hello @begunfx and @sanyo20,

Just wanted to let you know that you should be receiving some updates and support from myself and another advanced support engineer soon.  Can you give us a little information about the type of OS you are using when the WebRTC connection fails, and the browser as well?

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

Want to try out new features or fixes before they're released as Stable? Sign up for Beta Here

Hi @UBNT-devinkb,

I'm currently using MacOSX and I tried both on chrome and firefox.  Same problem.

Thanks!

I'm currently using windows 10. IE, firefox I tried chrome the result is always the same. I am using Cloud Key 0.8.10, 5.6.30.

Adsız.jpg

Adsız2.jpg

Attach controller and browser report

Attachment

@sanyo20 I worked with Corey (UBNT) for several hours today trying to resolve this. We're not there yet, but narrowed it down.  I can connect on my Windows machine and my wife's chromebook, just not my mac.  We tried installing 161 version of java to see if 162 was the problem, but nothing yet. I tried it on firefox and had the same problem.  It's weird that you are having the same problem but are on a windows machine. 

Anyway, I'll be continuing with Corey tomorrow and he's gonna talk to some of the devs and see if there is something else going on.

Stay tuned!

I can send you any other information you want. Many thanks for your interest.

No problem.  It would be intersting to see if you could connect with another computer that has a different OS.  If you do, try it out and see if that makes a difference.  For me being able to connect from different computers ruled out my router and firewall.

Ubiquiti Employee

Hello Gentlemen,

@begunfx Good to hear that you and Corey were able to narrow things down.  @sanyo20 Have you tried accessing the controller in an incognito tab?  Are you running 32 and 64-bit versions of JAVA?  You can also try downloading the Chromium browser and access the controller with WebRTC through Chromium.  I have seen a few instances of add-ons blocking the session.

Thanks

Devin

8 AM - 4 PM MST/US M-F

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Want to try out new features or fixes before they're released as Stable? Sign up for Beta Here

Hi @UBNT-devinkb thanks for posting.  I think @sanyo20 was having trouble accessing the controller using Internet Explorer and Firefox on a Windows 10 machine, which makes this issue all that more perlexing since I can access the web on my Windows 7 maching using Chrome, but I can't on my Mac with Either Chrome or Firefox.  The only common denominator for both of us I can see at this moment is something to do with Java.  I'm currently waiting to hear back from @UBNT-Corey at the moment to continue troubleshooting.

Hi Devin. As you say, I tried secret tabo. The connection failed. Install the latest versions of Java 32 and 64. My Chromium experiment did not connect. He gave the same error.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 8

@Sanyo2o

We did confirm it was the third party Anti-Virus called Esset, do you happen to have this installed on your machine?

To build on what @UBNT-Corey said.  It turned out it was eset on my mac that was blocking access to the unifi cloud.  For some reason it wasn't on my windows machine (I have it installed there too).  If you have eset, just add a rule to allow all traffic in/out of chrome or whatever browser you use and that should clear it up...hope this helps anyone else with the same problem.

Thanks again @UBNT-Corey for taking the time to help me get this sorted out.  What a pain in the butt!

Ubiquiti Employee

@begunfx Great to hear that you and @UBNT-Corey figured it out on your end.  One of the benefits of the community collaboration.  @sanyo20 Do you currently have any anti-virus or web blockers running?  

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

No virus program is installed. There is no firewall set up either. A computer with direct internet.

I had trouble accessing the computer in my home and the computer in my workplace before. This problem occurred after you last installed 0.8.10. I went back to the old version and it was the same problem again. Currently installed 0.8.10. I'm trying to share Mobilden internet. There is the same problem again.