Highlighted
Emerging Member
Kudos: 28
Accepted Solution

Cannot log in to Cloud Key WebUI

I am no longer able to log in to the Cloud Key WebUI:

Screen Shot 2016-12-16 at 23.58.54.png

I am using the exact same credentials that log me in correctly with the controller. I am also able to log in via SSH using these credentials. I have tried restarting the Cloud Key but that didn't help either. How can I fix this?

I was able to login to the WebUI previously. It may have been the recent firmware update that caused this issue. But I am not sure.

CLOUD KEY FIRMWARE: UCK.mtk7623.v0.5.9.6794855.161129.1409

CLOUD KEY CONTROLLER: 5.3.8-8920

Accepted Solutions
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 745
Solutions: 40
Contributions: 1

Re: Cannot log in to Cloud Key WebUI

For anyone who's encountering difficulties logging in on WebUI in both cases we have worked with the resolution has been the same. The issue appears to be arising from incorrect SUID account privileges on the UCK system. This can be confirmed by sshing into the CloudKey and running the following command:

ls -l /usr/bin/sudo

This should return output similar or identical to the following if the same root cause: 

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 106820 Jan 10 2016 /usr/bin/sudo

To resolve this and ensure that any suid issues are not causing the issue, run the following command: 

chmod u+s /usr/bin/sudo 

Re-test logging in to the WebUI and confirm the issue is resolved. 

We are still investigating the root cause of why this issue was encountered by some. 

@jba256 Can I get you to run this on your Cloud Keys? Can you confirm this resolves it? 

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Kudos: 45
Solutions: 2

Hi, did you try this:

Use UBNT default credentials to log in. Two possible combinations:

Username: root

Password: ubnt

OR

Username: ubnt

Thx!

Doc

Kudos: 2

[ Edited ]

I posted this exact same issue with the exact same set of circumstances in the switching forum too.... still no idea how to resolve it

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Routing-Switching/Unable-to-login-via-web-interface-to-Cloud-Key...

Emerging Member

@doc2485 wrote:

Hi, did you try this:

Use UBNT default credentials to log in. Two possible combinations:

Username: root

OR

Username: ubnt

Thx!

Doc

Just tried that. No luck sadly.

SuperUser
Kudos: 2263
Solutions: 1144

Happened to me last week (not even with ubnt/ubnt, root/ubnt ...), since I was able to login to the controller , I made a backup of the controller, then, still from there, Settings, Maintenance, I reset to default the UC-CK, then I've been able to login in the UC-CK, done the few config, and then restored the UniFi controller backup.
Cheers,
jonatha

Emerging Member

@flush wrote:

I posted this exact same issue with the exact same set of circumstances in the switching forum too.... still no idea how to resolve it

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Routing-Switching/Unable-to-login-via-web-interface-to-Cloud-Key...

Were you able to log in before upgrading the firmware?

Yup, able to login before firmware upgrade.... that's how I upgraded the firmware in the first place

Emerging Member

@redfive wrote:

Happened to me last week (not even with ubnt/ubnt, root/ubnt ...), since I was able to login to the controller , I made a backup of the controller, then, still from there, Settings, Maintenance, I reset to default the UC-CK, then I've been able to login in the UC-CK, done the few config, and then restored the UniFi controller backup.
Cheers,
jonatha

Are you able to login to the WebUI after restoring the backup?

I really hope there is a better solution than a complete reset of the Cloud Key. But if none is suggested, I will try that later. Thanks.

SuperUser
Kudos: 2263
Solutions: 1144

When I wasn't no more able to login in the UC-CK, I've been anyway able to login in the controller (adding :8443 at the same ip address), from there, I did all, of course, after having resetted to default the UC-CK, it was as 'new', but I restored the controller backup previously created, no more than ten minutes ....

And yes, after the reset and the controller restore, all is ok.

Cheers,

jonatha

Ok thanks, that worked, I reset my CK, after taking a full all-time backup (5.3.8.unf).  Re-adopted it from unifi.ubnt.com and restored the backup (this caused the CK to reboot).  Everything looked fine except it was showing up as offline on unifi.ubnt.com so I rebooted the CK again - all good.

Did you do the full backup to the SD microcard inside of the CK?  Or backup to a pc?

Thx

Doc

Emerging Member

I am still hoping to avoid resetting and restoring. With 3 people having the exact same issue shortly after installing firmware 0.5.9, it suggests a bug in the firmware or in the upgrade process. 

From the Controller UI, when you do a backup, it's a prompt to download the file from browser client, so it's your local PC.

Guess I am a little confused?   What is the autobackup good for then?  I have mine set... as attached.... thought it backed up to the SD card?

If that is so... I need to do a pc back up for all of our client's cloud keys just in case this happens?

Thx

Doc

Capture55.JPG

@doc2485 wrote:

Guess I am a little confused?   What is the autobackup good for then?  I have mine set... as attached.... thought it backed up to the SD card?

If that is so... I need to do a pc back up for all of our client's cloud keys just in case this happens?

Thx

Doc

Since the CK is reset, you wouldn't have any auto backups left on the CK?  In this case, I just took a fresh full backup literally 2 seconds before I reset my CK.

Established Member
Kudos: 442
Solutions: 87

@doc2485 wrote:

Thx

Doc

"What is the autobackup good for then?"

That's a darn good question, and begs to ask another: How does one RESTORE from the SD card's backups when using a Windows PC for CK management?

Gregg

Kudos: 1224
Solutions: 314

Recently I reinstalled the controller on my CK. When the controller started for the first time it gave me the option to restore a backup from the SD card and I could select one of the backups that were made by autobackup.

I am not sure whether the SD card is erased when a firmware restore is performed.

Thanks for all the info.  Guess I will need to test the next new one I get in... to see if the autobackup actually works for sure if I have to do the CK reset???   That is what I assumed it did...but now not for sure. 

Hope some one from Unifi tech support could verify all of this for us for assurance?

Thanks!

Doc

Emerging Member

Anybody from Ubiquiti reading? It's not a resolved issue.

Kudos: 183
Solutions: 4

I'm having the same issue and have posted in all open threads on the problem.

@UBNT-Brandon@UBNT-cmb@UBNT-MikeD