Re: Cannot log in to Cloud Key WebUI

I just restored from an autobackup (after upgrading to new firmware etc..) all working now

was straight forward

liam

Discover it again? iP might have changed 

Emerging Member
Kudos: 2

Just ran into this...

_UCK fw v0.8.2 and Unifi Controller v.5.6.22-10205

_SSH works, complete access!

_Keep getting 'Invalid username and/or password'

_File /usr/bin/sudo file was already good. Anyway followed the suggestion: chmod u+s /usr/bin/sudo

_Also removed /srv/unifi/data/db/local.0 and local.ns as suggested

_File /srv/unifi/logs/server.log shows:

[api] Failed admin login for admincontroller from 192.168.88.2

[api] api.err.Invalid: /api/login

Any other ideas?

Where is stored this username/password? can it be wiped?

I can try to do a factory reset, have the autobackup, do I need to readopt if I perform a restore from a backup? the devices are 350km away from here, so that wouldn't be an option.

TIA!

Guys - I can't log into my cloud key either - SSH, Web, nothing...using all my old passwords which were saved of course. I have to tell you, between using HFS every time I need to upgrade to hardware that randomly loses access credentials I am starting to lose faith in Ubiquiti products...

Kudos: 1

Same issue here.  Can login via ip then manage your device.  Tried a restore from auto backup, got the answer "invalid file".  Also selected a saved .unf file on my HDD, got the same answer.

Cant SSH in as I obviously dont know the password the cloudkey is looking for!!!

Third default reset this year *yawn*.  Have I got faulty hardware or is this a genuine problem.  I use my cloudkey in my office as a testbed before installing networks out in the real world.  Feels like its getting silly!

update. reset the controller to defaults, updated unifi to 0.10.0 then had a bash at a reload of saved config. hey presto.

Is there any official word from ubiquiti that theres a known issue?
Emerging Member
Kudos: 6

I'm having the same problem! What's going on here? UBNT, we need help on this. 

I'm busy resetting the CK, restoring from backup and all it took was changing my custom user name to "root". Yikes. This needs works.

[ Edited ]

Step 1 fixed a new out of the box v0.6.9 CK.

Upgrading to v0.10.1 now with fingers crossed.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

United007
United007
Options
‎11-20-2017 02:31 PM

I contacted support through a ticket and got a speedy reply: I paste the solution here:

Part 1:

Please ssh into the cloud key and then go to /srv/unifi/data/db and then delete the local.0 and local.ns and then check if you able to log in the cloud key.

Highlighted
Solutions: 1

[ Edited ]

posting because i came in today to the same issue..

i can hit the web ui (at remote site over auto s2s vpn), i enter my username and password (also tried all the different suggestions above as well; root, ubnt, etc.. no dice), and it times out.  if i enter my creds incorrectly on purpose if responds with invalid error properly within a second.

i can still SSH into it.  tried the sudo commands to change the permissions (had to do that when i was standing up the other unifi devices a year ago..), no dice.

the only change i made was standing up our first access point..  we have 2 USGs, a switch, and cloudkey that have been working properly for a while until this.

need a proper solution to fix this please that isnt a full reset of the CK.

This worked for me.. Thaks alot!!
Kudos: 9

Thanks - even though this post is originally from like 2015 the pinned solution on page 1 still works.

UniFi v5.8.23-11014

CloudKey v0.11.2

Solutions: 1

just wanted to check in, for our situation i just decided it would be easier to reset and restore our CloudKey.  everything seems to be working properly since then. 

It would be nice to see ubnt implement a startup routine on the controller that checks the health of the mongo DB and repairs/self-heals as necessary like what is seen in PetriR's post here.  this would greatlyreduce the volitility of power downs of the controller software, and would make the system a bit more resilient in those rare cases where graceful shutdowns arent possible.

I just had this problem under UCK.mtk7623.v0.11.2.24b2742.180618.0759. Running the commands solved it for me.

[ Edited ]

me too with UCK v0.11.4 Mad2

Kudos: 3

Also had this problem discovered it today. Please resolve this, its crazy so many people are experiencing something so fundamental such as a bug in the login to the hardware!

[ Edited ]

I too have this same issue. Abismal this is happening and its Aug 2018

Unifi: 5.8.24-11016

CK: 0.11.4

Cloud Key goes offline FOR NO APPARENT REASON OTHER THAN ITS JUNK. Useless. Unable to manage devices...again.

I have reset this boat anchor 2 times already...becasue after setting it up the 1st time and logging out...when I went to log in...WRONG user/password. 2nd time..beacuse it did exactlly this...Unable to login..unit OFFLINE..AGAIN.

Tried all suggestions here....to no avail. CK is miles away......who is paying for my road trip...Ubiquity?? End user sure the hell won't so I guess I get stuck eating this cost. Wonderful.

I am open to suggestions....

At this point...this is >>>MONEY WASTED!

Along with >>>>>>>>>>TIME WASTED.

Along with >>>>>>>>>>LOST WAGES

unhappy end user.

EDIT: obsurved: I finally managed to get to login screen on CK. I enter my credentials. It then thinks for 62 seconds and returns:

"Image"

Really??...Need more idea's here. Tks

2nd EDIT: I notice another post here, which stated, stop unifi service..low and behold, I can log into mamnge CK. At this time..I am restoreing from backup.

Well will see if that produces anything positive.

3rd EDIT: I am at 8 min 50 sec...and this boat anchor is still "Checking backup file and restoring"

No impressed to say the least. 

Screenshot 2018-08-13 14.41.14.png
Emerging Member
Kudos: 11

Yeah we gave up on the CK. Our main problem was freeze ups and it turns out we had too many devices running on it. Pushed everything over to a Windows server and not a problem since

I have a total of 4 AP's on this system. Extremlly small Wireless network. If thats overloading...then Ubiquity has a problem.

You say over to Windows Server...meaning your using the unifi windows program for management? But this doesn't allow "Cloud Access" which was our whole reason for CK.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 11

Yes, unifi running on Windows machine.

I'm not aware of anything we can't do with this method...  not sure what you mean "Cloud Access".

Looks like its "cloud enabled" from what I can tell. Same software, just running on stronger equipment.

I think we have several hundred devices and that's WAY too many for one CK.

Capture.PNG