Re: Cannot log in to Cloud Key WebUI

Meaning...if I am not sitting in front of the PC that Unifi is installed on, there is no WEB Access to it from a Remote location.

The reason we got CK is so we can admin from the CLOUD....not locally.

Am I not seeing this right?

Emerging Member
Kudos: 15

[ Edited ]

Portforwarding in the Router to the IP of the NIC from the Windows-PC. Port 8080 or 8443, i am not sure but i think 8443 is the right one.

Greetz Andreas

Aha...yes..ok that could work. 

However, before going that route, I will persist with Ubiquity Support.

Looking at Logs...it seems MongoDB has the errors....rc=1000 DbServer stopped

com.ubnt.serviceB.00000 (Unknown Source). first "o" has a squiggly line above it...(tilde)

com.ubnt.ace.Launcher.main (Unknow Source)

com.ubnt.service.APPContext.houseKeeper (Unknow Source)

Anyway...thanks may have to go this route as CK is a waste of time/money and rescources.

In a word CK = JUNK.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 11

When I go to unifi.ubnt.com I can login and access Unifi on the Windows Server.

I don't usually though... I usually go to the IP# directly. Just easier I guess.

Emerging Member

But therefore you have to be in the same Network. So If you are "far away" and need a remote Access you have to set a portforwarding (to the Windows-PC NIC) in the Router/Firewall. Before i had a CK i did it by that way, now i have a portforwarding to the CK. A VPN will BE the saver way.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 14
Solutions: 1

And if we can't SSH into the cloud key because the login is denied...?

Emerging Member

Emerging Member

You can reset the CloudKey, and Login over HTTPS://ip-from-CK/ with the Standardlogin and than restore an Backup from SD. I think that this is the easiest way.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 745
Solutions: 40
Contributions: 1

@PRRYCadmin Sorry to hear of the difficulties here. How many devices do you have connected/being managed by your Cloud Key? Do you have the mongo log/can you share any errors there? 

This article covers many of the causes of Cloud Key stability issues: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000128688-UniFi-Troubleshooting-Offline-Cloud-Key-and-Oth...

Regardless of the root cause, a simple reset/restore is typical an effective workaround, in cases where this is possible. 

I recommend using port forward since in the case of a failure, you can perform any task you would do locally, I just recommend you limit the sources as to ensure optimal security. These ports are ones you'd need to forward to the CK for specific functions related to remote management and maintenance: 
-8443: Port used to connect directly to the controller for normal controller management in the absence of cloud connection
-22: For SSH access, if you need to reset and re-restore, you can SSH in download an autobackup from /data/autobackups just in case, and then do a reset using this command:

• ubnt-systool reset2defaults

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

Hi all;

Yes..it is a bummer that this corruption seems to happen. Such strange behavior when you set a user/pass and when you go to log in, your new user/pass refuses to authemticate. I starts to make people wonder if they are lossing thier mind...so yes frustrating to say the least.

However, before doing anything further, I have ordered an alternate power supply to use with the UCK. (Amazon for link in previous post somewhere.) Once that arrives, I will rework the problem and see how it plays out.

I was using an Apple iPad charger.....but maybe not "powerful enough"?

Will report back sometime next week i hope.

Cheers

Kudos: 1

I had the same problem with my cloud key at a clients location. I was able to resolve by using SSH with the "bad" credentials and run chmod u+s /usr/bin/sudo  after which I was able to login into the web portal.

Thanks for the fix.
Emerging Member

Today i have to restore again a Backup. Yesterday i have to switch off the Power for an Installation in the Electric of my House. Today i want to Log in - false Password...

So same procedure as every few Werks. Typing the IP in a Browser, choose "Configure", login with

User: ubnt

Password: ubnt

and restore the last Backup.

Kudos: 155
Solutions: 12

@PRRYCadmin are you using the captive portal on your network?  If so you may have this problem which can lead to too many events filling up the 32 bit sized tables for mongod:

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Wireless/Guest-portal-voucher-device-quot-has-become-unauthorize...

Or some other reason that mongod is getting full or crashing.

When SSH'd into the cloud key to a "dmesg" command and make sure you are not getting I/O errors reported on the flash -- I recently had one develop some bad sectors and it easily leads to mongod crashing.

If you have just the database filling up, the repair command from this thread may be helpful in straighening it out w/o having to resort to a restored backup.

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Wireless/Cloud-key-can-t-login-error-making-that-request-try-aga...

I have several cloud keys out there and they've been pretty stable. I've read plenty of horror stories too and have ran the controller on Linux and windows.  I have friends who do the controller on cloud instance and use set inform to adopt everything.  I'm still a fan of cloud key at site -- it's nice to have it right there especially when using the captive portal.  I power all of my cloud keys w/ 48V POE and make sure the POE being supplied is on an UPS for clean power.

Good luck.

Hi all;

I have not had the chance to return to this. And before I do, just viewing this thread, seems to be a lot of fiddling around to get these to play nice. Not sure if I even want to go forward with these at this time. 

Upon my return from holidays I will see if I can get this thing running. 

That being said....I will NOT be spending much time on this. If this thing does not behave like it is supposed to, Ubiquity will be dropped from any future deployments. Its just that simple.

Maybe Ubiquity should "provide" the recommended power supply with these units...instead of all of us...trying to find one that works??

I used an iPad one....obviously that is NOT recommeneded as it failed.

Kudos: 155
Solutions: 12

@PRRYCadmin wrote:

Hi all;

I have not had the chance to return to this. And before I do, just viewing this thread, seems to be a lot of fiddling around to get these to play nice. Not sure if I even want to go forward with these at this time. 

Upon my return from holidays I will see if I can get this thing running. 

That being said....I will NOT be spending much time on this. If this thing does not behave like it is supposed to, Ubiquity will be dropped from any future deployments. Its just that simple.

Maybe Ubiquity should "provide" the recommended power supply with these units...instead of all of us...trying to find one that works??

I used an iPad one....obviously that is NOT recommeneded as it failed.

I've had no issues using 48V POE.  I'm not a fan of the USB power on those at all.

Kudos: 3

I power my Cloud Key from 48V POE and have had no issues logging into it.  My issues with loging in were during intergration of the Cloud Key, and not completley understanding the operation of a managed operation.  I have two locations running Cloud Keys, both powered from a Unifi 48V POE switch with no issuse.  I manage them via the IOS app now.

Jerome

I don't know if anyone has said this, but I discovered that the issue with my CloudKey was I had a capital letter at the front of my username, and I was using all lowercase to try and login.

In windows, that is the same thing.  In Linux, totally different.

Try using a capital letter for the first character in your user name and see if that fixes the problem.  It had me panicked for quite a while there, and I was about ready to reset the unit.

Glad i stumbled upon this forum post,

What i found is that the login to my cloudkey itself is

username : root

password : (The superadmin password you set for main user of controller)

This worked for me however if this exact method doesnt work for you, try using the username ubnt instead along with your super admin password.

If this doesn't work then use the ssh method given by the user on this forum feed.

However if that still doesn't work, take a full backup of the controller and download it to a pc/mac and then completely reset the cloud key, the username and password will then both be ubnt, now before you do anything else, login to the cloudkey management and on the maintainance screen you can change the username and password for the actual cloudkey login itself.

You can then restore the backup you made and your controller will be back to normal again and you will have full access to the cloudkey management portal aswell.

Hope this helps,

Max

Emerging Member
Kudos: 10

I logged in yesterday without any problems and today none of my credentials work. This is unbelievable. After trying everything in this thread, I had to reset the CK for the fourth time this year. The fact that this is still happening years later should be a sign that Ubiquiti had their shot and they blew it. Nice looking hardware, interface, etc., but the quality is quite poor. It's the opposite problem with Cisco, but at least their stuff is reliable.

Kudos: 45
Solutions: 2

100% agree!!! You get what you pay for!!!!

Idea