Kudos: 1
Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

Cannot not adopt AP-AC-LR

Hello

I have moved all my ap’s from an unifi software based controller to an cloud key based one. Now two of my ap (that worked before) aren’t adopted in the new controller. I have reseted them several times and tried to manually set the inform url. But the ap’s only switch between “provisioning” and “disconnected” in the controller. I tried to connect them to another controller at another site and they were instantly adopted there.

The ap’s in question are AP-AC-LR (3.8.14.6780)

The controller is version 5.5.24

The cloud key is version 0.7.4

What could I do to get them adopted?

Best Regards Henrik

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cannot not adopt AP-AC-LR

Hello!

No, I have solved it. When I forced the ap’s to get a new ip from the dhcp, they adopted right away. Some arp cache problem possibly.

Regards Henrik

View solution in original post

All Replies
SuperUser
Kudos: 1971
Solutions: 978

Are you using a fresh install, or did you imported a backup ? In the second case, did you try to  forget the two APs from the controller, before the adoption ? In case you are using the set-inform command, remember that must be issued twice.

Cheers,

jonatha

Hello!

i did a fresh install of the controller and i used the command set-default to reset the ap's.

Best regards Henrik

SuperUser

Forget the AP from the controller, on the AP, you may even issue

syswrapper.sh restore-default

Then, connect again to the AP and issue

set-inform http://ip.of.controller:8080/inform

(leave the SSH session open) you should see the Ap in the controller, click on 'adopt', and issue again the set-inform commad

set-inform http://ip.of.controller:8080/inform

Cheers,

jonatha

Now i cant even "forget" the ap from the controller, it says that the device is busy. 

When i run the command: syswrapper.sh restore-default (with putty), the ap resets, reboots and is picked up immeaditly by the controller, and the provisioning-disconnected loop begins again.

I will try to cut the power to the ap's and then try to forget them from the controller and then try again.

SuperUser

Unplug the Ap, restart the controller, forget the Ap.
Stop the controller, via ssh, issue service unifi stop, connect again the Ap, reset it via the syswrapper command, restart the unifi, service unifi start, try with the set-inform.

Hello!

I tried that, but with no luck. I still get the same result.

Best regards Henrik

Anyone else that has any inputs?

Best regards Henrik

Kudos: 112
Solutions: 23

Could it be power supply related?

Controller (5.9.32 ): CK 0.12.1
Unifi (4.0.10.9653): UAP-AC-IW-Pro, UAP-AC-LR, UAP-AC-M & USW8-60W (4.0.10.9653)

Better WiFi coverage is not achieved by increasing transmission power, but by increasing the number of accesspoints.

Hello!

No, I have solved it. When I forced the ap’s to get a new ip from the dhcp, they adopted right away. Some arp cache problem possibly.

Regards Henrik

how do you force the ap to get a new ip address as i have the same problem, even though the ap's are working with wifi but the contorller says adopting then disconected in a loop.

@henrik-ks wrote:

Hello!

Regards Henrik

Highlighted
Kudos: 1631
Solutions: 493

Hello @beverley16,

Forget the UAP in the the controller and reset the unit.

Devices > UAP > Config > Manage Device > Forget

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2 • UCK