Scheduled maintenance: Community will be offline Monday June 17th, 1:00 AM - 6:00 AM (PT)
Established Member
Kudos: 472
Solutions: 49

Re: Carrier Infinity Touch Thermostat not connecting

@scyto wrote:

@pwelter34 the -A model just means it came bundled with a router, apart from that they are supposed to be indentical.

I have a -A and it also only connects on 802.11b

So something else is going on here.... not sure what....

As I noted earlier, I have Bryant Evolution, which seems to be much the same except for branding differences. I also have the -A because it came bundled with a router. (I objected, but that is what the installer had. So I gave him back the router.) And mine is 11ng. Seems odd.

Kudos: 1

Looking for help with a similar issue. The only difference is that my thermostat used to work just fine on the UBNT unifi WAPS with and SSID with WPA2 and just 2 days ago it stopped working. I crested a Open network and it connected to it, but the thermostat would not connect to the carrier servers. I then created another SSID with WPA2 and it connected successfully to the network and carrier servers for may 30 minutes. Any thoughts on what might be going on? Another thing that happened around the same time was that some of devices (Laptops, PS4, Etc) also stopped connecting to the existing WIFI. Forgetting the network and reentering the password did not help. Once I deleted the original SSID and recreated it then things started to work, but not the thermostat. Really confused and frustrated. Please advise.

Kudos: 1

I think I found the issue. I reset to default the WAPS, the Cloud Key and started all over again and towards the end there was a setting for Network and Wi-Fi Performance optimization and I disabled it. I figure that the Infinity thermostat would every so often have an hiccup on the network and then it would throw it off the Wifi. You can change the setting on the cloud controller under Settings>Site>Auto-Optimize Network. See images.

Keeping my fingers crossed. The thermostat has been online for quite some time now.

Screenshot 2019-05-29 13.28.29.png
Screenshot 2019-05-29 13.28.35.png
Screenshot 2019-05-29 14.17.41.png

Thanks, This helped me get my Carrier infinity touch re-connected with WPA2

Icon Smile