Kudos: 9

Change Unifi AP to another Unifi Controller

Sorry for the question but I am a bit newbie with Unifi and it has been difficult for me even to adopt and configure an AP-AC-Lite I've installed.

I have a Unifi Controller at my laptop. There I've done everything to adopt the AP.
I have now a desktop computer at the location where the AP is installed. I want to install Unifi Controller there in the desktop computer and readopt the AP there. What are the exact steps to be performed? I've seen other posts here talking about it but I am still a bit confused, some others said I would need a USG key or something like that called. I don't know.

I've also logged in to a web where I can see the controller of my laptop. I think it's unifi.ubnt.com . Maybe I can move the AP from here. I don't know.

Thank you for your kind help!

Kudos: 1232
Solutions: 314

Re: Change Unifi AP to another Unifi Controller

- Backup the controller that is running on your laptop.

- Stop this controller.

- Restore the backup to the controller on your desktop.

- If the desktop has a different IP address then you need to perform a set-inform in the AP.

If you haven't done anything special with your setup it is maybe easier to factory reset the AP and start from scratch on the desktop.

Kudos: 4132
Solutions: 1067

Re: Change Unifi AP to another Unifi Controller

Hello @DrumSergio,

You could install UniFi on the other device and do a site migration.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK